Confess! Whats the craziest force of habit you've done in the "Real World" - page 21
I have heard some of the craziest things nurses have done out of force of habit in the "Real World". Aka out of the hospital. I've heard that some sign their checks with first initial, last name RN. Someone ran to aisle... Read More
- 0Sep 21, '11 by StarryEyed, RNQuote from sharpeimomi truly and honestly thought my entire life that that is just the way everyone makes their bed (except when ppl got lazy). even my ex bf's sheets were mitered, but looking back, both their mother's were rn's. my mom is an rn. my current bf doesnt and i thought that was so odd but thought maybe he just didnt want to take the time. then i was in nursing school and was shocked that no one in my class knew how to and had theee hardest time trying to learn how to do it.doesn't everyone?
except mt husband, that is.
i feel as though i've shown him at least 1,000,001 times -- at a bare minimum...
- 0Sep 21, '11 by CUMCrnI check everyone's arms for places to start IVs, I have actually asked my friends for name and birthday before giving them advil out of habbit, If I see someone fall I sigh thinking I have to start fall charting, hear a high pitch noise and go running for a bed alarm, see people in public with their hands shaking and are sweating and think should I give oral or IV ativan, sign my name with RN. I actually hit my head one night and made my friend give me a neuro check. When I meet new people I have caught myself saying hi I am CUMCrn and I will be your nurse tonight...
- 0Sep 21, '11 by tucker144Depnding on were you are it could be a good thing to someone if you walked up and said (Hi Iam CUMCrn) and I will be your nurse 2night. As to the others thats funny because I catch myself all the time Assessing people out in the real world. Keep it up you never know when you actually might have to do your job out there. Stay nursin CUMC.
- 0Oct 6, '11 by khammond0005"Pat down" myself in public
Check out veins (not feeling so stange for that anymore )
Signed RN on checks and kids homework
Automatically hit the sanitizer anywhere
Tried to scan my hospital badge to enter the bathroom
Knock before entering doors at home, sometimes I even include, "its your nurse"
After working 3 in a row, being off 1 , and working 2 more I got out of bed and automatically picked out my scrubs for the day...then realized it was my day off.
I attended a local concert; when the lights dimmed and the strobe lights turned on my immediate thought was, "oh god I hope no one has epilepsy" then proceeded to scan the crowd.
I loved the prior poster who said they "have 5 bottles on my bedside table" w/o skipping a beat...
- 0Jul 31, '12 by PediLove2147I work on a neuro floor and find myself constantly checking people's pupils!
My fiancÚ has the most amazing veins, I am not very good at IVs so I beg him to let me practice, it's always a no.
It's funny because a lot of you answer your home phone with the unit you work on, I do the opposite! One time I answered "Hello" at work and the person on the other end was so confused.