I got lucky!Register Today!
- by nursejess12 Jun 21, '12I was just offered a RN position at my local hospital. It is a part time position with no benefits, but I have no complaints. I am so excited to have this opportunity to get some experience! So Here is how I got the job...
My cousin is a handyman who does yard work for a head recruiter at my hospital. He told her about how I have been searching for a job, and she told him to give me her number. I called her, and she gave me a number to a recruiter in the ER. He brought me in for an interview and a shadowing position and offered me a job!
So pretty much what im trying to say in this post is...1. I got lucy and
2. Its not about what you know, its who you know!
Good luck everyone!
- Jun 21, '12 by NurseMeli30True , true, Congratulations!
- Jun 22, '12 by cjcsoon2brnCongrats on the job. How many hours will you be working each week? I'm kind of surprised that even at part time you don't receive any benefits but you have to take what the offer you to get your foot in the door. How long before you can apply for a benefited position?
- Jun 22, '12 by nursejess12I was told that I will be emailed all open dates and times and I can choose which shifts I want to work. I was also told by another nurse that the nurses in the casual poitions usually work 20-30 hours, but some work more. Fortunatly my husband has health insurance for our family through his job, so we arent despereate for insurance right now.