Whats other places can you work??Register Today!
- by Student Nurse_7 Jan 21What places can you work other than the HOSPITAL with a RN associates degree?? Best places to get hired?
- Jan 22 by CP2013Nursing homes
public/community health (health department, planned parenthood, etc)
Home health care
Urgent care clinics
And probably numerous others I can't think of at the moment.
The best place to work is a)the place that hires you and b)a place that you enjoy if first satisfying part a.
- Jan 22 by CP2013Case management (in the hospital but I am sure there are other ways)
Mental health facilities
Outpatient stand alone surgical centers
- Jan 22 by Student Nurse_7Do all places pay the same
- Jan 22 by JustBeachyNurseNo, all places do NOT pay the same. Just like any other industry, the pay varies by education, experience, facility, whether or not there is a union. Same as working McDonalds vs. Wendys vs. Burger King the wages can vary by $1 or more for similar work.
- Jan 22 by HouTxSalary is generally driven by market forces. The harder a job is to fill, the more it pays. The "hard to fill" may due to a number of things but there are two factors that make the most difference:
1. Availability of qualified candidates - lots of qualified applicants = lower salary needed to attract them
2. The "unpleasantness" of the job - risky, unsatisfying work setting, poor job satisfaction of incumbents, high turnover, very physically demanding, etc.