Calling all nurses,
I'm entering Nursing school, pursuing a BSN. I know I want to purse a Masters of some sort, but I am having trouble deciding what specialty. Does anyone have any good pointers on how to make up my decision, or cross some options out (CNS, NP, CRNA, CNL, etc.)? I know shadowing is best, but this is all I have at the moment. I will probably attend University of Cincinnati, Wright State University, or Ohio State University.
I made a list of little tidbits about me that I think would help decide:
- I like and work well with people
- I'm not interested in Midwifery or Pediatrics
- I find Adult, General Family, and Population care interesting
- I like the idea of managing and/or consulting others
- I like the idea of health maintenance/promotion
- I want to graduate at soon as possible (or be able to work while in school, but still be full-time)
Does anyone have any tips on what careers I definitely want to avoid or further investigate?
PS. Can you get a masters in Nurse Management? I haven't really seen any in my area. Is it something you just work your way up to?