Regret Leaving Nursing Too Soon - Page 3Register Today!
- Aug 3, '12 by tewdlesHospice and ambulatory care can certainly be an option for a slower pace and more patient interaction. However, hospice care in the field requires a certain level of clinical competence, confidence and skill that you might not possess...only you can answer that question.
I have gone back and forth from management, education, and bedside nursing in a variety of specialties...it can be done and nursing is relatively unique in the number of opportunities for work over a span of a lifetime career.
ps...I did not read anything condescending about Ruby's response to your post, perhaps you are feeling a bit frustrated and sensitive about your situation?
- Aug 4, '12 by kcmylornYou mentioned herniated discs, how is that going to work in a acute care bedside environment/ Will you be medically cleared to work? Bedside nursing is alot of pulling and truning and pushing heavy patients.
- Aug 4, '12 by Liddle NoodnikI don't think it is too late, you can easily go back to work as a nurse. And it is just a matter of time before you figure out what fits. I wonder about maybe doing temp to hire or agency work, your resume may suffer from your exploration otherwise. But - don't give up. I didn't like med-surg (too busy, too much pressure) - but LOVED ICU.
- Aug 6, '12 by OmibashuEveryone,
I thank you all for your responses, they are all giving me food for thought and genuine insight into my journey to finding the right nursing career for me. If I offended anyone, particularly RubyVee, I am sorry. Someone posted that I may be frustrated by my current position and I think that is accurate. Again I apologize for responding from a place of anger. I will continue to seek insight and welcome all kinds of input.
- Aug 6, '12 by OmibashuRuby Vee,
I wanted to apologize for my resonse. I have reread it and I realize that I was overreacting. I think that I am so frustrated and disheartened by my situation that I am overly sensitive. I thank you for your response and will take it to heart.
- Aug 6, '12 by Ruby VeeQuote from omibashuapology accepted. i hope you find what you want.ruby vee,
i wanted to apologize for my resonse. i have reread it and i realize that i was overreacting. i think that i am so frustrated and disheartened by my situation that i am overly sensitive. i thank you for your response and will take it to heart.