Hello, due to the nursing shortage it seems to me that everyone want to pursue a nursing degree. This makes the program even more competitive. In line with this, I do have some questions about how hard is it to get into a nursing school particularly here in Illinois. The schools I plan to apply to are Loyola Univ, Rush university, UIC and NIU.
My questions are as follows:
1) How hard is it to get into the nursing program
of the schools I had specified?
2) Is there a waiting list? How long?
3) Would it be an advantage if I already have a bachelors degree, but from another field? (Computer related)
4) I intend to apply for spring of 2005. How early should I submit application? Right now, I am still taking pre-reqs. Should I wait when they are done?
5) I took my bachelors from a foreign country, is there an easier way to have my transcripts sent to the schools I want to apply to?
Thanks everyone and I cant wait for your responses.