Abnormal UA - Page 2Register Today!
- Aug 11, '12 by nowim cleanJZ_RN I am not here for drugs YET, but I am here because I abused alcohol. I can now say for 19 months im clean and sober. There are some here due to a DUI, and some for drugs. Your comments are judgmental and I hope you never have to walk 1 day in our shoes, trying to recover and become healthy, dealing with the BON, trying to find a job with the restrictions placed on you, walking on eggshells with coworkers and employers, drug screens that cost 76.00 each for a urine sample that is observed. So I truely hope you never have that drink with dinner find yourself in a check point and end up in the AP program.
- Aug 11, '12 by JZ_RNLike I said, I wasn't intending to be judgmental to people with addiction problems, just those who attempt to lie and cheat the system to get away with it instead of seeking real help. I don't drink, period because I have a close family member who was an alcoholic and I'd like to avoid addiction all together, but thank you for assuming I meant to be judgmental when I clearly stated I wasn't trying to be judgmental, but simply made a poor choice in words.Last edit by JZ_RN on Aug 11, '12 : Reason: typo
- Aug 29, '12 by iisonuHi Everyone,
Thanks for your input regarding my dilemma. Since I've last posted, the BON has summoned me to have 2 separate blood draws, a hair test, and several random ua's all at different times. All tests returned negative, but the board still threatened me with: Provided that any future tests return "abnormal," you will be disciplined! Wow! I'm getting a strong vibe that they really want us to fail!
At this point in time, I wouldn't do anything to jeopardize all of my hard work, all the money that I've lost and time wasted on fighting them! The threats alone make me cringe at the fact that several of my ua's returned "abnormal" due to my creatinine levels being off by a point or two! I'd rather give random blood samples just to prove that I am drug FREE!
Again, thanks for your input and support!
- Sep 15, '12 by BabyRN2BeHave considered getting a lawyer who deals with type of harassment? This seems like a bunch of harassment and you need someone in your corner after all this BS! Sounds like this are more interested in your money than getting you out in the workforce. Try to find someone ASAP!
- Sep 15, '12 by eatmysoxRNQuote from backtoworkOmg. That is crazy. How do they even get that urine from a dog or cat? Eek. That IS crazy. I certainly wouldn't want anyone else's urine in my bladder either. Whew I have heard it all now.The reason they test for creatinine, and a myriad of other things, is that folks who have not found the path to recovery have been known to catheterize themselves and irrigate their own bladders with everything from other's urine, to animal urine, to fake urine. Desperate times make for desperate people.