Hospital sponsorsRegister Today!
- by britgirl Apr 11, '12hi nurses
i want to move to melbourne and wondered if anyone could suggest good hospitals to apply to or ones to avoid. i will be asking them to sponsor me as i am overseas but i have lots of experience.
thanks in advance
- 2,581 Views
- Apr 12, '12 by ceridwynFirst of all you need to be registered as an nurse with AHPRA. I do not think you can be too fussy about who will sponsor you, especially in Melbourne were things are now tight for nurses, especially if you are not in the specialties of OR, ICU, MID, RENAL.
You will have to do a google search for Melbourne hospitals and ask, though I have heard it has become extremely difficult to find a sponsor even in aged care in Melbourne. Try Sydney NSW before they are oversupplied as well! or become an EN jobs are a plenty, though overseas nurses are not sponsored for these positions.
- Apr 16, '12 by Australia001Hello
You would need to apply for your AHPRA registration before you apply to Hospitals, have you already done this? If not then I would suggest sending your application to the Darwin office as the other offices are currently taking a while to process applications. Have you also tried going through an agency to help you secure a position with sponsorship?
G.P.O. Box 9958
Darwin NT 0801
Hope this helps
- Apr 17, '12 by britgirlmany thanks
i have the forms for the ahpra but i thought i would wait a while as it appears you all apply for registration before june 1st
do you agree
- Apr 17, '12 by britgirlthanks ceridwyn
i have icu experience, i got sent some en job vacancies from a hospital i signed up with
but i dont think ill be applying (uses to be an en)
- Jul 3, '12 by jambalacheck the web, theres a lot of work available, you just need relevant hospital experience
- Sep 10 by ben1To danceinstructor. where u able to successfully find anything? I have been trying myself.Last edit by ben1 on Sep 10 : Reason: .
- Sep 10 by ben1is one year hospital experience enough to be able to get a job in Australia? TIA!
- Sep 13 by aklgapAs stated, if you would like to work in Australia, then you should first gain your registration with the AHPRA. Ultimately, you will need this to gain employment. Things have changed in recent years in that gaining employment depends upon gaining registration first. An employer cannot sponsor you if you are not a registered nurse.