When does the diversion program start in CARegister Today!
- by Tanya33 Sep 20, '11Hi. So, I get my letter from the CA Bon saying there is a report against me and I can either do diversion or be investigated. I have 10 days to respond. If I do elect to enter the program, how quickly does it start? Is it immediate? If I decide not to do the program is that decision final after 10 days, or can I change my mind and do the diversion program down the road? Not sure what to do. Thanks!
- Sep 25, '11 by jackstemYour questions can best be answered by consulting with an administrative law attorney EXPERIENCED in dealing with the California Board of Nursing and with nurses facing accusations of diversion/impairment.
The American Association of Nurse Attorneys
The California Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service
Good luck and let us know how things go.
- Sep 30, '11 by code3rnvalDiversion does starts once you give a negative urine drug screen, that will also be your new sobriety date as far as the BON is concerned. Contact your local nurse support group leader, the leader for long beach calif, is great..Good luck. Stay strong. This to shall pass.
- Dec 9, '11 by outdoorlivingI too just got a letter. Was wondering how you are doing and what is required. Any input would be great. Lots of luck to you!
- Jul 3, '12 by usajayFor those that received letters fromCa Bon can you share whether you were offered diversion and if you decided to enter diversion as well as what you have gone through since. Thank you