I need some advice !! - Page 2Register Today!
- Jan 14, '09 by RNRutROWhat is MDS? Sounds strange that he didn't go over the job duties when he interviewed you, doesn't it?
Ya know, there's nothing with trying it out and seeing if it's the job for you. If not, at least you have one while you are looking for another.
Also, didn't you talk pay rates when you interviewed? I made the mistake once of going through the hour in half interview, thinking, "this is great! I can so see myself working here" then finding out the job was half of what I was use to making. BIG MISTAKE!!! The look on my face was like someone just served me poo. The DON was so embarassed. Even she knew the rate was ridiculous.
Oh well, live and learn.
- Jan 14, '09 by Magsulfatemds is sort of like a.... they help figure out the medicare coding,, to see how long the patient has to stay in the hospital,, and what catagory they can bill medicare depending on how sick the patient is,,,, what resources they need for the patient,, that they can bill.. etc. They work with nurses, doctors, therapist,, etc,, in ltc or LTAC(where I work)
MDS stands for "minimum data set'... coordinator...
Something like this.. lol
- Jan 14, '09 by MagsulfateIt sounds like a cush job. I mean,, every 6th weekend you're on call?? wow, that's like every month and a half!! and then it's only 'call'.. you may not even have to go in.
So, where it says your base pay rate,, is it broke down hourly or weekly or monthly? If it is hourly, then you're an hourly payrate.. if it is weekly or monthly, you're more than likely salaried,, but it should state that you are salaried.. that is important to know.
- Jan 15, '09 by Rascal1Thanks for your thoughts...No....not a cushy job,though !! Respondsible for completing ten page medicare reports detailing all the medical care of pts.,for medicare re-imbursement,submit them to the state ,write,update the careplans. Run care plan meetings. Thats why nurse's notes are so important... What they here about the job,and the reality may not be on the same page. Any other thoughts ?
- Jan 15, '09 by Rascal1In other words,will every six weeks on call turn in to every 3 weeks...?