Nursing Professional Development Borad Certification - Page 2Register Today!
- Aug 14, '08 by lcprncQuote from classicdameThanks for the feedback! Wow, hypoglycemic episode? I better bring some glucose with me In any event, I thought I'd register for a 2-day review class not too far from where I live since I haven't taken any education days yet. It's just harder for me to do self-study these days. Just don't have the time. I called ANCC and alerted them that I'd be ready (I hope) to take the exam in Oct. It'll be computerized...the first one to be offered (no more pen and paper). Thanks again!sorry it took so long to answer. I have been on vacation. I earned 16 contact hours from the CD so I assume that the average time is 16 hours. I was able to convince admin to pay for it since it was half the price of attending the seminar out of town. I drove 3 hrs to Dallas to take the test, had a hypoglycemic episode, had to be rescued by others and leave the room till I felt better, and I still managed to pass. So it can be done!
I hope you enjoyed your vacation.
- Dec 28, '08 by CjHMSNTell us how the computer based ANCC Nursing Professional Development exam went? I am interested in knowing more as I am scheduled to take it next week. I do have study materials that I can share if you will contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
CjHMSNLast edit by CjHMSN on Dec 28, '08 : Reason: error
- Dec 28, '08 by lcprncI haven't taken the exam yet. I did schedule myself for mid-Feb. Since you're taking it before me, please share your expereince. RE: study materials, I was hoping to get the CD but it's not available..I believe it's being revised and the new one is not available yet.
- Jan 5, '09 by CjHMSNThe test results reflect three levels of scoring, high, medium and low. I scored high in leadership, nursing education and facilitator/change agent but scored low in research and principles of practice. I did not take a prep course but highly recommend it.
- Jan 6, '09 by lcprncQuote from CjHMSNExcellent! Congratulations! I also don;t have the time to study. I do have small green book (Can't even remember the name of the book or author) that someone gave me. I only flipped through it so far. It has summary, sort of like outline of the exam content. Thank you. I'll let you know how I do.The test results reflect three levels of scoring, high, medium and low. I scored high in leadership, nursing education and facilitator/change agent but scored low in research and principles of practice. I did not take a prep course but highly recommend it.
How did you do with time? How many questions were asked and how long did it take you?
- Feb 13, '09 by lcprncHi everyone,
I passed! Took the computer test that took about 2 hours. (This included the tutorial). There were 175 questions total but the 25 questions were not supposed to be counted in the scoring. Whew! Glad it's over.
- Feb 13, '09 by Effie, RNCongratulations!
- Feb 13, '09 by CjHMSNAwesome job LCPRNC.