Virginia CGFNS req.
- 0Oct 12, '12 by dharanursingI am an RN and moved here to the states recently with my bachelors degree. During some research I did online, I found out that Virgina nursing board requires credit evaluation using CGFNS (CES) and also requires personnel to pass IELTS/TOEFL exam, or requires to pass CP examination before I can register for an NCLEX exam.
Did anyone clear pass all these stages from Virginia and obtained Virginia RN license?
I don't have an SSN, and that worries me.
Does anyone know how long this process takes?
Thanks in Advance.!
- 931 Visits
- 0Oct 12, '12 by Silverdragon102 AdminIf you have moved to the USA with a valid work/immigrant visa I suggest obtaining a SSN ASAP as it will make life easier. If you cannot apply for a SSN because you are a spouse and not allowed to work the the BON may accept your application without a SSN but may not issue a license without a SSN.
Suggest you go for CES and that takes approx 4 months but a lot depends on how timely they receive documents. IELTS shouldn't take long to do
- 0Oct 12, '12 by dharanursingThanks for the suggestion Silverdragon. You are right, I am on dependent visa and cannot obtain SSN. Do I have to appear for English test in VA? My study and transcript are in English.
You have RN license from VA? Does it make sense to apply to Board of Maryland instead?
- 0Oct 13, '12 by Silverdragon102 AdminYou are better applying to the state you hope to work in. If the state BON states English is required and we have had members post who's training was done in English have still had to do a English exam. Even then you may have issues finding a employer willing to go H1b route ( if you meet requirements) or wait 6 plus years for immigrant visa. I do wish you all the best
- 0Jul 17 by JustBeachyNurseQuote from greenpagerI believe only if each document is in a sealed tamper proof envelope from the source. Some documents are requested by CGFNS directly.Hi i am planning to process my CES (cgfns) from the philippines before going to Va. Beach. May i ask if i can ship the forms from PRC and from the school, TOGETHER so that i can save money from the shipping payment? Thanks nurses