Questions about CVS... (> <) Please help!Register Today!
This is a discussion on Questions about CVS... (> <) Please help! in Nurse Registration, part of World Nursing ... I am a registered nurse in Hong Kong. Currently, I am applying the RN lincense of the New York...by Miru Sep 19, '12I am a registered nurse in Hong Kong. Currently, I am applying the RN lincense of the New York State. I have some questions about the application, hope someonw will kindly answer my questions.
1. Do I need to fill out the NYSED Form 3?
((As I've read in the From 1, "Complete this form 3 if you hold, or have ever held, a license or certificate to practice any profession* in any jurisdiction." Is it applied to all nurses or US nurses who hold a lincese in another state?))
2. Do I need to send my transcripts and original lincense to NYSED?
Actually I know CGFNS will send forms to my school and licensure authority for verification of my attendance and licensure then prepare a report and sent it to NYSED.
According to the License Requirements in the website, however, the General Information & Policies state that:
Verifying Your Credentials
To ensure authenticity of credentials, the New York State Education Department's Office of the Professions requires evidence of your compliance with each licensure requirement be sent directly to us from the organization where you met the requirement (e.g., school, testing agency, licensing authority, certifying board, hospital, employer, etc.). These records and documents must bear an original (not photocopied) signature of the official who maintains the records and stamp or seal of the institution where the credentials are maintained.
You are responsible for asking organizations to complete and directly submit to us the documentation you need. Keep a record of your verification requests.
.... so, do I need to send them those documents?
Please kindly answer my questions!!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=786857©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 544 Views
- Sep 19, '12 by Silverdragon102CVS should get all relevant documentation for NY including an licenses you hold in other countries
- Sep 19, '12 by MiruThanks for your reply. ^^So, I do not need to submit those documents to NYSED, right?How about the Form 3? Do I need to fill this out?
- Sep 21, '12 by MiruDear all,
I am a registered nurse in Hong Kong. Currently, I am applying for the lincensure of New York State. I have a few questions about the application and called NYSED for several times but no one answered my call.....
Please kindly answer my question if you have experience of CVS application.
1. Do I need to fill out the application Form 3? (I am holding a Hong Kong license.)
2. Besides the application Form 1, personal check and the copy of my nursing diploma, do I need to submit any other documents like school transcript?
3. Should I submit all the documents needed to NYSED when I applied the CGFNS or after CGFNS has sent my report to them?
Thank you for your attention, please kindly answer my questions!!
- Sep 21, '12 by JustBeachyNurseThreads merged
- Sep 21, '12 by MiruCan someone answer the rest of my questions?? (- -):
- Sep 22, '12 by Silverdragon102Is there no email to ask your questions. I see no harm if in doubt on completing the form and sending it in. You do not need to submit anything other than application forms and the 2 required courses as CGFNS should have obtained everything else like transcripts. Doesn't matter when you submit your application to NY BON they will not do anything until they get CVS report
- Sep 22, '12 by MiruThanks for your information.
Actually I did send the NYSED an email for the inquiry last night.
Cause I know it takes almost 6-8 months for the review of the application and any missing documents will delay the process of review. so I would like to make sure I make no mistake in the application.