osce ( observational structured clinical examination) - Page 11Register Today!
- Mar 31 by NRSKarenRNAdmin Alert:
Please remember that allnurses is a publicly viewed website that is heavily indexed by search engines.
ANYTHING posted here is viewable via internet search engines. Please do not post phone numbers in public; If you wish to share do so via our Private Message system (available after 15th post to prevent spammers) or email for your protection.
Use our Admin Help Desk link for any website issues.
Best wishes for those nurses undergoing this new assessment.
- Apr 1 by guppawanHi friends ,
How was the exam . Due to my health issues I was not able to give this exam . Can anyone post the example of the questions asked in the exam . It will be really helpful .
- Apr 1 by tagheuer28Hi! Can you give us tips about the exam? Which subject to focus more?? Thanks!
- Apr 2 by NRSKarenRNPlease check out the websites posted in first 2 pages:
Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE) - CNO
What areas of skill and knowledge are assessed in the OSCE?
The blueprint for the OSCE is based on the National Competencies in the Context of Entry-Level Registered Nurse Practice. Skills and knowledge assessed may include:
- Basic and advanced clinical skills
- Health history and health assessment
- Use of technology in nursing practice
- Pharmacology and medication administration
- Knowledge of the Canadian health care system
- Current, evidence-informed practice
How do I prepare for the OSCE?
- Review the document National Competencies in the Context of Entry-Level Registered Nurse Practice.
- Review current nursing textbooks that cover the knowledge and procedures of medical/surgical nursing.
- Review the Code of Ethics posted on the website of the Canadian Nurses Association.
These are the resources provided by Canadian Nursing organizations to help you succeed with evaluation.
- Apr 2 by forever24the exam is all about general nursing, I know its too broad, but this is the only way to get you on track in dealing with different scenarios.
- Apr 6 by IEN-RNI've just found out that HealthForceOntario will be conducting nursing OSCE information sessions on April 15, 24 & 30. Their Access Centre provides FREE services to support internationally educated health professionals.
This could help you.
- Apr 22 by fionachuHi! I'm a IEN and i received a letter today from CNO to take the OSCE. Can you please give us advice on what review materials to use.thanks