New grad nurse . CGFNS Process (New York)
- 0Sep 17, '12 by kziah1973Hi I'm a newly grad nurse in da phil and Im a U.S citizen ,just arrive last June . and i would jst like to ask if how many months will it take CGFNS to process my application . I just started my application last July .Last edit by JustBeachyNurse on Sep 17, '12
- 737 Views
- 0Sep 19, '12 by milesHi! I am a graduate of BS Nursing in the Philippines in March 2007 and dont have a local license. Im a green card holder in US and I intent to apply for licensure as a registered nurse in New York. I read some of the requirements online but I just want to clarify the following:
1. What will I request from CGFNS, Credential Evaluation Service or Credential
Verification Service for New York state?
2. If I become illegible and pass successfully the NCLEX and I decide to work in other state, can i apply for reciprocity?
- 0Sep 20, '12 by Silverdragon102 AdminCVS is what you have to go through for New York
If you meet NY BON requirements and Pass NCLEX resulting in a license being issued you can apply to endorse license to another state but generally qualifying overseas requires you to go through their process ie CES report to meet requirements. CA I would say is current exception however there are other states denying initial application de to concurrency issues and this may occur when trying to endorse
- 0Sep 20, '12 by milesThanks for the info Silverdragon102.
Do u have any idea/suggestion which states I am qualified to apply licensure for RN since I graduated more than 5 years ago and dont have a local license in the Philippines. I already tried BON in California but my RN licensure application was denied with the same reason as other. Thanks!