International RN Graduates Looking to Fulfill CA BRN Requirements - page 2
Hello fellow Nurse graduates struggling to get licensed as a RN in California. I have some news. I found a school that could possibly help with our licensing situation in CA. It's Victor Valley College in VictorviIle. I know... Read More
- 0Mar 28, '13 by littolinnQuote from littolinnUPDATE: I was able to contact the nursing director from VVC. He said once a list of potential applicants are generated and the courses needed are identified, the faculty will discuss the issue in greater detail and decide which courses they are willing to teach.Thank you to those who are interested! I've been doing research and I noticed a lot of people are in need of just one of the two classes as well. At the moment I am trying to speak with the director to see if he would still accept those in need of just one of the classes as long as the foreign grad is willing to take BOTH classes. I know some of you don't need both but it beats waiting a few more years for a slot. I am hoping the director considers it. So if you need both MS/OB or just one of the two please let me know!! Good luck to us all! Spread the word!
Let's hope for the best and keep on building the list!
For non members interested please email me at [email protected] with subject INTERESTED IN VVC PROGRAMLast edit by littolinn on Mar 28, '13
- 0Mar 28, '13 by littolinnIt has been brought to my attention that there are people calling VVC about this potential program and being told there's no such thing. Let me explain. This is a POTENTIAL program that will be based on the list of interested foreign grads that I AM GENERATING. I was told by the director himself to generate the list and then present it to him when the list is complete. Once they have the list, the professors will discuss more in depth what classes they are willing to teach. The director also instructed me to not have people call him/the school. You wont get the right answers if any if you call. It sounds sketchy but please take my word for it. I am giving out my email for those who have questions/who are interested. I have given my full name to those who have emailed me. I have not given out my number because I do not want to be bombarded with phone calls. Email is the fastest/ most organized way I can get back everyone. I am trying to be very professional about this by replying to emails/answering questions as best I can to show that I am not scamming anyone. I have even posted on facebook with my own personal account.
I have been stuck with this issue since 2011. I know how you guys feel. We're all desperate to get into a school. I have been given a chance to complete my deficiencies as well as the oppurtunity to help others do the same. So If anyone has any concerns about whether or not im reliable please email me at [email protected] and I would be more than happy to give you a call.
- 0Apr 1, '13 by idreamtobeaNURSE
- 0Apr 3, '13 by idreamtobeaNURSEQuote from littolinnHello fellow Nurse graduates struggling to get licensed as a RN in California. I have some news. I found a school that could possibly help with our licensing situation in CA. It's Victor Valley College in VictorviIle. I know it's far for most of you but if you really want to stay in Ca and work here's your chance. I have been in contact with the nursing director at VVC. They may have a program for us. It's not for sure yet because they don't have the students (ppl with our situation). If we can get a minimum of 10 ppl they might approve it. I say MIGHT because they're thinking of how much everything will cost. Professors and hospital for clinicals aren't cheap. Reqs in order to be approved are that you need to be deficient in both maternal and advance med-surge. Not just one. If Ca BRN only pointed out one of those two I can't help you. VVC is creating this program based on only those who need both maternal and med surge. Also this program would have to be during the winter and summer. Not spring or fall like most schools. They dont want us to interfere with their nursing program (space/professors). If you are interested please let me know. I will be the one to generate the list to present to the nursing director at VVC. Also if you know anyone else that is looking for a school, please have them contact me. The sooner the list is generated the sooner we can get to the next step in getting this program started.
im really interested on this, please count me in enrolling soon for ob and med surg. please pm me asap=)
- 0Apr 4, '13 by littolinnHi everybody. I just wanted to let you know that I sent the list to the director. In the mean time we'll have to play the waiting game. Just be patient. I will update you when I have more news. Let's pray we get positive news!!
For those that are interested in VVC but didn't get on the list please still email me. I am still generating the list of potential applicants until it is no longer my responsibility.