Does he need AUS visa first before apply for the licenseRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Does he need AUS visa first before apply for the license in Nurse Registration, part of World Nursing ... Hi everyone, please help me here! My finance has been working in USA as a RN for 5 years and...by Yulian Jan 19Hi everyone, please help me here! My finance has been working in USA as a RN for 5 years and recently he decided to move here(Australia). We are not sure if he has to get the visa first beore apply for the nuring license or we just wait for the license comes first then apply for the visa. Will the AHPRA reject his application without the visa? Secondly, We are not sure if he still needs to do the brdging program. Sooooo expensive for this 3month course!!!! He has USA green card but got his Bachelor in Philippines. As we are trying to save up for our wedding,so $10k for the course is really killing us I have called AHPRA and they told me it depends on his documents. What kinds of docs do they want in order to avoid the BP? I would appreciated any help or tips.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=809625©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 366 Views
- Jan 19 by JustBeachyNurseMoved to nurse registration forum as most AUS nurses are not familiar with the process for IENs.
- Jan 19 by Silverdragon102If he has worked in the US then he may find he doesn't have to do any bridging programs but really only way to find out is apply and submit all relevant documentation. Can do APHRA before visa allowing him to live and work in Australia
- Jan 20 by YulianTo Silverdragon102: Thank you so much for the help! You made things a lot clearer for us. I don't think we would have any problem for the visa because we are planning to get married first in USA then apply spouse visa. We are just praying that BP is not required for him. Otherwise, we have to postpone the wedding. But then, without getting married,visa will be a problem for us. He won't qualified for working holiday visa since he is over 30. OMG!!! so stressing. He already started asking me if i can move there... I have one more question, do you know any good websites that he can study for the IELTS?
- Jan 20 by YulianOhhhh there is one more thing I'm not sure of, does he have to get IELTS done first then apply to AHPRA or he can apply AHPRA while still preparing for IELTS? He wanted to do AHPRA thing first as his father is coming to visit him from Philippines in end of Feb. He wanted his father to gather some paperworks or go visit the ppl and explain them what exactly he needs before he comes to USA.
- Jan 20 by Silverdragon102Will need IELTS as part of his AHPRA application