BON is asking for the copy of my passport, but I lost it =( - page 3
by johnybhoi24 3,205 Views | 32 Comments
I graduated in the Philippines. Like everyone else, The CA BON is asking for the copy of my passport but unfortunately I loss it when I moved my apt a year ago. I didn't really look for it coz its expired anyways. But now, I... Read More
- 0May 2, '13 by divernurseAny update on your application? I am going through the same thing. Philippine nursing gradutate, RN licensed in illinois, now applying to california but they are asking for my old passport but can't find it anymore. they are even asking me for a copy of my school's academic calendar at the time i was studying in the philippines. Any information is much appreciated.
- 0May 10, '13 by Kuyaferndon't tell me they added those too! I've been told the BRN is asking of log book of Clinical rotation and log book of Cases. So maybe it is now. Figured it would be added since some have actually tried to fake their cases just to have concurrent cases. Some actually trade cases with other students too and say it's their case,
So basically, you need a breakdown of of your clinical rotation such as what hospital you went to what date and what shift. and what ward and clinical instructor. For the book reflecting clinical cases, I'm guessing its the log book where surgeries are logged in, which states what procedure was done, RN on duty, student nurse who completed the case and the clinical instructor who supervised the procedure. I'm betting some have tried to pass cases that weren't really theirs or faked cases and it didn't match with their clinical rotation.
- 1May 11, '13 by steppybayQuote from squallnishaAs kuyafern mentioned, the CA BON has been receiving a lot of falsified documents and now looking into the paperwork submitted from the Phils with more microscopic views.@johnybhoi24
We had the same evaluator. She accused me of faking my cases too. Hahaha.
Read the recent CA BON on the PH submission of fake documents and gotten so BAD, there's a total of 18 special investigators, CLICK here:
Don't blame the evaluators, I say, if they can keep the stupid, greedy and selfish corrupt PH nurses or students from entering the system, the better it is for us that were honest, hard working and unselfish. That also means if one of these dishonest nurses gets a job that might have gone to you, it's not fair to you either.
In fact, if you guys know of anyone of these terrible students or nurses, report them to the CA BON enforcement dept. and do so without giving your name. I would AND I will! Let the CA BON do their jobs.Last edit by steppybay on May 11, '13 : Reason: ++ ino and spelling
- 0May 11, '13 by KuyafernI actually read the article from CA BRN. It's so crazy how they're hiring all of those investigators. I feel angry and at the same time disappointed at those applicants who had to fake their degrees. I know some students are known for trading cases with classmates to complete cases and for a fact I know students are very clever in altering cases. I would not be surprised if there will be applicants who alter their cases just to have concurrent cases. All I can say is selfish.
To applicants altering their papers:
I've come a long way to become an RN. A US-RN. I've worked hard for this and have been honest on my application. It's not hard guys. I remember joining this forum last year around march-april looking for help so I could get a license in the US. If you are so focused on becoming an RN in California, then meet the requirements, don't alter your cases, hours or other requirements. You will just ruin things for those honest applicants.
To everyone else, keep your head up guys.
- 0May 13, '13 by squallnishaI strongly agree to you guys. I know a lot of students that altered and adjusted their documents to comply with the BRN requirements just to stay here in CA and be with their families. But, the main question is how will they know if it is really altered or not? Like my case. I was accused of altering my cases by my evaluator but honestly I really did all my cases concurrent with my theories. Most of my groupmate where midwifes and took Nursing classes to become a nurse. Most of them already completed their cases for DR/CDR, that given me the opportunity to complete my cases at the same time with my theory. I was really devastated when she told me those things but I found out that I was not the only one she accused of altering or faking documents. But, what I know for sure, this will not stop me becoming an RN here in Cali.