Looking for FNP/MD/DO preceptor in San Antonio
- 0Dec 9, '12 by schanenI just earned acceptance to UTEP's online FNP program and am set to begin in January 2013. This program requires each student to find their own preceptors (NP, MD, DO, etc.). Can anyone recommend family/community medicine settings in the San Antonio or surrounding areas who would be interested in precepting a FNP student? Any help is appreciated.
- 0Dec 9, '12 by NPjhI am not in your state, but I would contact your local or state NP organization. I suggest joining as a student NP. Our local organization lists all of us on their site, and lists if we are willing to be a preceptor. You can email any of us through the site. So, I would start there.
- 0Dec 10, '12 by uglykitty1[QUOTE=schanen;7064612]I just earned acceptance to UTEP's online FNP program and am set to begin in January 2013. This program requires each student to find their own preceptors (NP, MD, DO, etc.). Can anyone recommend family/community medicine settings in the San Antonio or surrounding areas who would be interested in precepting a FNP student? Any help is appreciated.[/QUOI was just accepted into same program.. Same start period too. And area, if u want rural area Fredericksburg clinic or kerrville.. They have utep students, I was looking at a few there and then in sa. I have just been calling around
- 0Dec 11, '12 by schanenThat's awesome! Perhaps you and I should link up as study mates. I live in Helotes, so it sounds like we may not be too far from each other. My personal email address is firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in sharing contact information. Thanks for the info...much appreciated.
- 0Dec 11, '12 by Riburn3, MSN, RN, NPI was just accepted into UTEP FNP as well, and have already begun the process myself. I'm just about finished actually. My best resource other than asking people I already knew, was signing up for a membership with the Texas Nurse Practitioner organization. It's free to all first year NP students and you are given access to a large database of Texas NPs that have signed up to precept. A quick search shows me San Antonio has several in the area that are listed based on license and specialty. Hope that helps!
- 0Dec 11, '12 by schanenRight on! I registered with TNP yesterday. I will use that as an avenue, as well. I work at University, so I'm hoping I can access one or more of the community clinics. That would be ideal. My email address is listed above if you're interested in sharing your contact information.
- 0Dec 12, '12 by TX RNCongrats on your acceptance, to all of you.
I'm ACNP and practice at a hospital in the medical center. Join the SANAP group (San Antonio Nurses in Advanced Practice).
They have monthly meetings and you can definitely build some relationships there.
I would try the community first and barrio clinics.