How long before job offer extended? - Page 2Register Today!
- Aug 11, '12 by BlueDevil,DNPThey will tell you how long you have to respond. They knew I had other offers and gave me 30 days after their best offer. As for countering, know what you want, know the local market trends, and then ask for what seems reasonable. The worst thing they can say is "no, you can't have that."
- Aug 11, '12 by tryingtohaveitallThank you, BlueDevil. It's been a long time since I accepted a new position, can you tell? I am really hoping to stay at my current hospital, but I certainly don't want to pass up a good offer assuming I'll get something else.
Quote from BlueDevil,DNPThey will tell you how long you have to respond. They knew I had other offers and gave me 30 days after their best offer. As for countering, know what you want, know the local market trends, and then ask for what seems reasonable. The worst thing they can say is "no, you can't have that."
- Sep 2, '12 by tryingtohaveitallAs an update, they finally called last week to give me a good offer. It took 29 days. Unfortunately, they only gave me til Tuesday to give my answer. (they said Monday but I reminded them it was a holiday). The other job I am a top candidate for is still interviewing and said they can't give me an answer by Tuesday. Ugh. I plan on asking for at least another week before I give my answer. Any advice?
I really want the 2nd job more, but hate to pass on the 1st job in case the 2nd offer doesn't come.
- Sep 2, '12 by traumaRUsYou can try to tell first job, "I really need more time to consider this job offer"...or you can counter the first job offer and ask for more money - that will also buy you some time.
- Sep 2, '12 by tryingtohaveitallOoh, good strategy to ask for more $$ to stall, lol. That hadn't even occurred to me. I am such a rookie.
- Sep 5, '12 by traumaRUsNo problem at all - all is fair in love and job searches...lol. Let us know how it goes.
- Oct 7, '12 by tryingtohaveitallSo as an update, the expected offer from my current hospital didn't come and I accepted the offer from the other hospital. It's really a terrific opportunity, in my desired field on a brand new unit with a lot of autonomy. Now to complete the credentialing paperwork... sigh.
- Oct 10, '12 by tryingtohaveitallThe crazy thing is that I still haven't seen a contract. Trying to decide if I should be worried. I suspect the issue is an extra benefit the manager said she'd give me but HR said would have to be approved by their manager.
- Oct 21 by ThirteengirlI was just going to post this exact question. Thursday will be 3 weeks since my interviews (which I thought went pretty well). I've heard nothing. Sigh...