FNP in a non-clinical positionRegister Today!
- by Kgantt Apr 17Hey all,
Are there any FNP working in a non-clinical setting? If so, what is your current role.
Thank you for your response...
- Apr 17 by KganttWe have the same issue because I don't want to diagnosis and treat patient forever. I would love to move to developing health promotion programs or running a public health program.
- Apr 17 by myelinI've heard forensics/becoming an expert witness can be very interesting (and lucrative!)
- Apr 17 by KganttThis role is done with a NP degree?
- Apr 19 by PMFB-RNPlenty of NPs working as bedside nurses in my hospital. I can think os 5 or 6 off the top of my head.
- Apr 19 by KganttIs that their primary job or they doing it as supplemental income?
- Apr 19 by PMFB-RNQuote from Kgantt*** All are full time so if they have another job doing something else they must be part time there. A couple I know well enough to know that it is their only job. Mostly the say they couldn't take the pay cut since NPs in this area only start at $80-100K, considerably less than they can make as staff RNs.Is that their primary job or they doing it as supplemental income?