ATTITUDE.......... A few words about.....Register Today!
- by passing thru Apr 20, '03Here is an essay that was posted on the bulletin board in the nurses' lounge. I was impressed with it and thought I'd share it with you all. I really like the simple truths in it.
by Charles Swindell
"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life.
ATTITUDE, to me is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do.
It is more important than appearance, giftedness, or skill.
It will make or break a company, ...a church...a home.
The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day.
We cannot change our past...we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable.
The only thing we can do is play on the string we have, and that is our attitude.
I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90%
how I react to it.
And so it is with you, we are in charge of our attitudes."
- 941 Views
- Apr 20, '03 by RN-PAGreat post, passing thru. I love Chuck Swindoll, as you can see by the quote I use at the bottom of my posts!
- Apr 20, '03 by LaVorneRNI love him too and Charles Stanley. Great post!
- Apr 20, '03 by passing thruI've never heard of him. Who is he? Is he a preacher or what? I'm going to do a LU -- lookup on the net.
I copied this essay (or whatever you'd call it) and thumb-tacked it on the wall opposite the toilets in our house.... Something to "sit and read"......LOL ...Classy, huh? LOL
I'm trying to remember it also, when I catch a bad attitude/response from someone's behavior.
(Like the people at the grocery store check-out line who bump me with their cart while I'm trying to write a check for my groceries.)
I just want to glare at them and say something nasty.........
and make sure they understand they will not get their stinkin
groceries checked until mine are sacked and paid for, NO MATTER HOW RUDE YOU ARE !!!!! OR HOW MANY TIMES YOU BASH ME WITH YOUR CART !!! YOU A--------S !!!!
Attitude !! Remember your attitude !! My "new" mantra'
- Apr 21, '03 by Brownms46Dr. Charles ("Chuck") R. Swindoll is the long-time pastor of First Evangelical Free Church, in Fullerton, California. He has a radio program, is an author,a talent communicator, and is the President of Dallas Theological Seminary. The man is amazing to say the least! OOOh yeah...he's also a biker..:chuckle.