UNC New Grad ProgramRegister Today!
- by Ready2Help Aug 2, '11Anyone out there get a call for an interview for UNC's New Grad program for the Fall. I interview on Tuesday and am both excited and nervous!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=599827©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,317 Views
- Aug 3, '11 by tana_souHey there! I applied for the program but I haven't heard anything back. Hopefully I will. What units did you apply for/going in to interview for? Good luck with the interview!!
- Aug 3, '11 by crw0915When did you graduate?
- Aug 3, '11 by Ready2HelpI have an interview in both the PICU and the 6 Womens (GYN/ONC). I graduated from a BSN program in March in Phoenix. We relocated out here in January and I had to go back and forth for two months to finish up Capstone.
Haven't had much luck with any of the hospitals thus far, but hoping that one of these will work out for me!
- Aug 3, '11 by tana_souIf you don't mind me asking did you have prior experience in the units you applied for? Such as senior preceptor-ship? Good luck on the interviews I hope everything works out!
- Aug 4, '11 by Ready2HelpThank you! My preceptorship was on a Med/Oncology floor. I was mainly on the Onc floor during pediatrics also... So no real experience in the actual units interviewing for.
- Aug 12, '11 by tana_souHow did the interviews go?
- Aug 12, '11 by Ready2HelpI think they went well...but it's really hard to say. It was a long day and by the last one I had a hard time thinking of situations to answer the questions. Now I wait...hopefully not too long though!
- Aug 19, '11 by airborneinf82What school did you graduate from? I just graduated from ASU on the 5th and I am moving to Greensboro for a job I was offered out there. Did you apply for your license immediately in NC? If so how long did it take from when you sent your transcripts until they showed online as received and until you got your authorization to take the NCLEX?
- Aug 28, '11 by tana_souI don't know if your talking to me but I graduated from University of Toledo in Ohio and applied for endorsement for NC license in July before I even moved to NC. Received my temporary license pretty fast within a week or two of turning in all my paperwork. Then received my licenses later on in the month. I wouldn't know how long it takes to directly apply to take the NCLEX in the state. I know that my instructors also said that it's quicker to apply to take the NCLEX in your home state and then just endorse but I'm not sure.