new grad RN in wilmington, ncRegister Today!
- by Elisa G. Aug 18, '10Hi all!! I'm a 30yo concluding my "quater-life crisis" career change. I've recently taken and passed NCLEX, Friday the 13th was my lucky day!! As a new grad RN (lol...I've checked pearsonvue website the past couple days to make sure it still says pass) applying for my first nursing job I have a question...
New Hanover Regional Medical Center is a largest hospital network in the area, there are several positions available in multiple hospitals that I'm interested in. My question is, since the hiring is done out of a "central" HR, should I only apply for the position that I'm most interested in? I don't want to be passed over for it because I also showed interest in other positions that have been more difficult to keep filled, id est, "the newbie will do it".
Thanks in advance for any advice you may have!
Proud to be one of NC's newest RNs!
- Aug 18, '10 by Silverdragon102Moved to the North Carolina Nurses forum
- Aug 18, '10 by caliotter3and You might want to post your question elsewhere on the site for responses.
- Aug 19, '10 by EmilyLucille523Welcome and Congrats! *wine
New Grad RN jobs in this area are hard to come by now a days. I recommend you apply to your favorite, 2nd preference, & 3rd prefence jobs just so you have something to fall back on if you don't get your first pick. And if you don't and they're all under the same hospital management, remember that you at least get your foot in the door and can transfer to another unit in 6 months to a year.
- Jul 18, '11 by gunsmomDid you end up finding a job? I am looking into the Wilmington area & am curious about availability of RN jobs for a RN with a couple years experience. Thanks!