Interview at DukeRegister Today!
- by Daisy90 Apr 18, '12Hi all,
I am graduating this May, and I have just received word that I will have an interview at Duke University Hospital next week. I was wondering if anyone had any interview tips for me? This is my very first interview (besides a life guarding job) so I need all the help I can get!
Thanks so much to everyone who replies!
- Apr 18, '12 by moneytreeHi,
Congrats on your interview!
It always helps to know something about the facility you're applying to.
Check out their web site - mission statement, nursing philosophy, etc.
Also - ask questions. Not the how much vacation time do I get type but
questions like: what is the nurse to pt ratio, what model of nursing do you use,
is there education available on the unit, etc...
- Apr 21, '12 by mihaSKHi,
I was also selected for an interview with DUKE. Is this New grad program? Did you get a particular unit? Are you doing open house plus interview or just the interview?
- Apr 25, '12 by Daisy90Ya it was for the new grad program. i interviewed on the oncology unit!
- Apr 26, '12 by mihaSKHow was it? My interview is in mid. May for the New to the OR. Can't wait
- May 7, '12 by bigworldmihaSK,
I'll be attending the "new to the or" open house as well. Are you from NC or out-of-state?
- May 9, '12 by mihaSKHi bigworld,
I am out of the state. I got my temporary RN for NC because I was tired of waiting to hear from job posts in CA.
How about you? Are you from NC? Is your interview on 15th or 17th?
- May 9, '12 by bigworldI'm also from out-of-state. My interview is on the 17th and I'm still trying to figure out what to wear that day...
- May 12, '12 by mulengaHello bigworld,
when did you apply? I applied for Duke hospital at Durham regional for the new grad SNIP on April 28th and I am yet to hear from them (getting worried that I may never hear from them) though my my status online for the job is still open and still says HR received my resume.
- May 12, '12 by bigworldHi mulenga,
I applied to those programs as well and my status has the same message. I think I applied as soon as those postions went up online. You might want to contact HR just to follow up.