Hospitals near Camp LejeuneRegister Today!
- by Emilynn09 Oct 11, '12Hello,
So, it's finally FINAL, I will be moving to North Carolina in April. I need some hospitals in the area so I can start seeing what jobs are available. I already started the process to endorse my license over today. Hopefully in the next few weeks I can actually start applying.
I am looking for hospitals within an hour's drive of Jacksonville, Swansboro, Hubert or the Piney Green area of North Carolina.
- 1,101 Views
- Oct 11, '12 by CircejaneI used to live in Jacksonville and Wilmington years ago, so I'll throw in what I can.
Onslow Memorial is the only civilian hospital in Jville, apart from the Bryn Mawr inpatient psych facility, which is small. There is also an outpatient surgical center in town, although there may be more now. The Naval Hospital serves the military there.
Any other hospital is going to be a solid hour away from you. Lenoir Memorial in Kinston , Cartaret County General in Morehead City, Craven Regional in New Bern, Duplin General in Kenansville, and New Hanover Regional in Wilmington. Let me stress that these are your closest neighboring hospitals, and that they are all at least an hour's drive each way. None of them are big facilities.
If you live in Hubert or Piney Green, Morehead City gets about 10-15 minutes closer. From Swansboro, shave off another ten, although you're still looking at around 40 minutes. Great beach air most of the way, though.
Enjoy living Down East!
- Oct 11, '12 by Emilynn09Oh my! That's what I was afraid of. I found onslow county hospital and couldn't find any others. Darn! I will try the naval hospital too. We are going there on military orders, planning to live off base depending where I find a job. Well, good news is it seems that I can find something within an hour, which isn't great but not impossible to deal with.
- Oct 19, '12 by Carrie9RNWhat kind of experience do you have? New Hanover is the biggest hospital of the bunch and is definitely hiring! Just FYI Good luck with your search! I just moved to Wilm a year ago, so I understand trying to figure everything out when you're in the dark.
- Oct 19, '12 by Emilynn09Quote from Carrie9RNRight now I have 9 months of experience, but won't be moving until April; although willing to move asap if I am offered something. I think my lack of experience may work against me until I get those 3 more months in. I did apply to New Hanover. Maybe I might hear back soon.What kind of experience do you have? New Hanover is the biggest hospital of the bunch and is definitely hiring! Just FYI Good luck with your search! I just moved to Wilm a year ago, so I understand trying to figure everything out when you're in the dark.
Kind of things I have experience in: Funny story. I do float pool because my floor closed shortly after I got hired due to low census, so I have experience doing Post-Partum, DOU, Telemetry, Med-Surg, and Oncology (which is my floor, I am certified to hang chemo). So, I have a well rounded experience so far.Last edit by Emilynn09 on Oct 19, '12