Gaston College PN ProgramRegister Today!
- by NCstudentnurse715 Mar 21, '11Did anyone else apply to Gaston College for fall 2011? I spoke with admissions and was told that they had over 250 applicants for 80 spots. Also, I was originally told that letters were going out at the end of March. Now they are saying the end of April. I'm just hoping for the best!
- Wow I have applied to the pn program! I was told mid March early April. I hope one of the 80 spots are mine lol. She said I had a highly competitive score I guess we'll see when those letters go out. Good Luck!!
- Mar 24, '11 by NCstudentnurse715lol I hope so too!! Good luck!
- You were right I contacted BD and she said they are still counting points, and letters will be sent out by the end of April. I guess no more stalking the mail box until then.
- Mar 24, '11 by NCstudentnurse715Yep..just more waiting
- I talked to her today also and she said the same thing.
- Is the average point system still 8 to 9 points? does anyone know for the pn program?
- Quote from Onmyway323Not sure, but someone on here who is in the program now said that the lowest they accepted 3.5 gpa and up. My gpa was 3.8 so here's hoping it's good enough. How did they explain the points to you?Is the average point system still 8 to 9 points? does anyone know for the pn program?
- This is how she explained the point system to me:
4.0 = 5 points
1.0 = Each general requirement class, (nutrition-BIO155, A&P -AP163, English- Eng111, Life Span-Psy110) = which equals to 4 points
ACT = anything after 18 is 1 point or more.
I have 10 points, she said, I have a good chance of getting in. I hope so.
What about you?
- She was basing this off of last year points from students.