Duke University ABSN Fall 2013 - Page 9Register Today!
- Jan 27 by ProfessorTI'm only applying to Duke and Georgetown. I'm a bit more limited to where I can apply because I took my prerequisite courses over five years ago, and not many schools allow that. I don't want to re-take those! I also needed to apply to schools that are linked to hospitals that would offer tuition reimbursement. That's awesome you were interviewed by those other great schools! If I'm asked to interview for Duke, I'll drive there. It's about 4 1/2 hours away. I really don't like interviewing on the phone. I get much more nervous! Three more days....aughhhhh!
- Jan 27 by hopefulnurse24kelsey939, I interviewed in person at UPenn back in December, because I am an applicant for the BSN-MSN program so we were given the option... from what I was told, most of the BSN-MSN applicants who were invited to interview did it in person. They interviewed around half of their BSN-MSN applicants, not sure about the regular accelerated BSN numbers. I also know that the ABSN applicants were only given the option to interview over the phone.
I interviewed over the phone for JHU in October around Halloween, so my application has been complete since then. I've never been to the Hopkins campus, but I've heard that it is excellent and the SON is gorgeous and small and cozy.
I LOVED Penn, it was beautiful and the faculty was SO nice. I am trying not to worry too much about cost, I'm more concerned about fit and what will provide me with the best education and clinical opportunities! Penn gives most of their applicants a grant, as well, so I've been keeping that in mind to help me keep from stressing out too much.
I think Duke is one of my top choices, but it's too hard to tell until I visit it in person. For example, I wasn't expecting to love Penn as much as I did, and I fell in love. I've been in love with the idea of attending Duke for almost a year though, so I'm sure I will love it! It's just hard to determine what my first choice is until I visit and see what I think about the fit, and how I feel about the program when I see it in person.
- ProfessorT, Wow - I agree completely about interviewing in person! I feel so much more nervous talking on the phone. Unfortunately, I live in Boston so the interview at Duke will be a trek. Haven't quite decided what I will do if I'm invited to interview! I have lots of friends in NC since I went to college down there so it would be nice to visit, I suppose : )
Hopefulnurse24, I'm glad to hear that you have such good things to say about UPENN. I also hadn't heard about the grant money so I guess I'll just wait and see (if accepted) how much they would be able to help me out. I'm also hoping to eventually go on for the Master's (but not sure what I want to specialize in yet) and it seems like Duke and all of the other schools that you applied to do a great job preparing their students for that role eventually!
- Jan 28 by hopefulnurse24SO nervous but SO excited!!!!! And kelsey, thanks!!! Penn was awesome. I think Penn and Duke are tied for first right now, with JHU coming in a close second!
- Jan 28 by tewoodyHEY Everyone!
I was sitting around thinking about hearing back from Duke and decided there had to be others in my shoes! So glad I found you all! Question, who found out about the 30th date? I am just curious, and wanted to make sure I hadn't missed an email or something! I am GOING CRAZY waiting!
- Jan 28 by hopefulnurse24They emailed us a month ago and told us, and also gave us the interview dates