Duke ABSN - Spring 2013! - Page 7Register Today!
- Jul 12, '12 by jonron1216Just boarded my first of three flights. I don't have tissues, but I'll know who to ask should my nose start running. :-) Excited to meet everyone tomorrow!
- Jul 12, '12 by piebirdI just wanted to say GOOD LUCK to everyone attending Duke Days tomorrow! Y'all are going to do great! Don't stress and I hope you have a fun day. I am cracking up over the tissues. I always have tons of tissues in my purse, so everyone going on Monday is covered on the tissue front, ha ha. Thinking good thoughts for everyone!!!!
- Jul 12, '12 by DancingfreeThanks piebird!!! And good luck to you and all the other future Duke Day attendees. Sending positive vibes and best wishes to us all...first step in our path to becoming nurses
Oh and on the tissue topic - I guess great minds think alike!
- Jul 12, '12 by tscarlettegood luck to all attending duke days!!
- Jul 16, '12 by TeriNWhat a reassuring message Dancingfree--Thank you! I keep reminding myself that the journey should be appreciated for itself (aside from our intended goals). I hope we all have as wonderful an experience as you did!
- Jul 16, '12 by piebirdHi everybody! I attended Duke Days today and just wanted to let y'all know how it went for me. Overall, I had a very good day. I was super impressed with the nursing school and its facilities, and everybody was so nice. I went on the tours before lunch and interviewed after lunch. Definitely try to eat a big breakfast - I don't think I ate enough in the morning and was kind of passing out by lunch ha. Waiting so long to interview was a little exhausting, but the good thing was that my nerves had pretty much worn off by then. Seriously, do not stress and just try to enjoy the day - it was super interesting. I know y'all are going to rock it!
- Jul 16, '12 by jonron1216Hey everybody. I went to Duke Days on last Friday and just wanted to say that I was absolutely blown away by the quality of the program. Duke has so much to offer its nursing students, and the faculty seem very kind and really into helping the students succeed. The facilities are outstanding and the campus is beautiful! As has been said here before, Duke days isn't something to stress about. Take the time to enjoy the day learning about the nursing program and all Duke has to offer (trust me, there is tons!) It was a blast meeting others who had applied. Best of luck to all those going this Friday!
- Jul 17, '12 by desertmaxI hope everyone's interview yesterday went well. For those going on Friday, just relax (like everyone else has said) and enjoy the day! There's a lot of information that they present to you throughout the day. You really get a sense of how great this program is after spending a good amount of time with the faculty, staff, and even some of the current students. Good luck to everyone!
- Jul 24, '12 by jonron1216hey guys, i was just wondering if those of you who went to duke days on the 13th and 20th were also told that the admissions committee would meet this week, but that decisions are tentatively scheduled to be sent out on aug 6th?! is that right? after much hard work and dedicated creeping i saw that last year's spring cohort found out about admittance the tuesday following the last duke day. if trends continued that would be tomorrow... i'm assuming it won't be that soon because we were told at the first duke day that we probably won't hear til the 6th, but i figured might as well share what i discovered.
also, does anyone know anything about scholarship essays? i vaguely remember some being mentioned but jet-lag had definitely kicked in by the time the financial aid portion of the day had begun, so maybe it was just hopeful delirium.