Duke ABSN - Spring 2013! - page 7
by nickioness 30,698 Views | 93 Comments
Alright! Since there are threads for the other entry times and we're coming up on almost 1 month until the May 1st deadline for the Spring 2013 start, who else is applying? I have a BA Degree in German from ECU, but my work... Read More
- 0Jul 12, '12 by piebirdI just wanted to say GOOD LUCK to everyone attending Duke Days tomorrow! Y'all are going to do great! Don't stress and I hope you have a fun day. I am cracking up over the tissues. I always have tons of tissues in my purse, so everyone going on Monday is covered on the tissue front, ha ha. Thinking good thoughts for everyone!!!!
- 0Jul 16, '12 by piebirdHi everybody! I attended Duke Days today and just wanted to let y'all know how it went for me. Overall, I had a very good day. I was super impressed with the nursing school and its facilities, and everybody was so nice. I went on the tours before lunch and interviewed after lunch. Definitely try to eat a big breakfast - I don't think I ate enough in the morning and was kind of passing out by lunch ha. Waiting so long to interview was a little exhausting, but the good thing was that my nerves had pretty much worn off by then. Seriously, do not stress and just try to enjoy the day - it was super interesting. I know y'all are going to rock it!
- 0Jul 16, '12 by jonron1216Hey everybody. I went to Duke Days on last Friday and just wanted to say that I was absolutely blown away by the quality of the program. Duke has so much to offer its nursing students, and the faculty seem very kind and really into helping the students succeed. The facilities are outstanding and the campus is beautiful! As has been said here before, Duke days isn't something to stress about. Take the time to enjoy the day learning about the nursing program and all Duke has to offer (trust me, there is tons!) It was a blast meeting others who had applied. Best of luck to all those going this Friday!
- 0Jul 17, '12 by desertmaxI hope everyone's interview yesterday went well. For those going on Friday, just relax (like everyone else has said) and enjoy the day! There's a lot of information that they present to you throughout the day. You really get a sense of how great this program is after spending a good amount of time with the faculty, staff, and even some of the current students. Good luck to everyone!
- 0Jul 24, '12 by jonron1216hey guys, i was just wondering if those of you who went to duke days on the 13th and 20th were also told that the admissions committee would meet this week, but that decisions are tentatively scheduled to be sent out on aug 6th?! is that right? after much hard work and dedicated creeping i saw that last year's spring cohort found out about admittance the tuesday following the last duke day. if trends continued that would be tomorrow... i'm assuming it won't be that soon because we were told at the first duke day that we probably won't hear til the 6th, but i figured might as well share what i discovered.
also, does anyone know anything about scholarship essays? i vaguely remember some being mentioned but jet-lag had definitely kicked in by the time the financial aid portion of the day had begun, so maybe it was just hopeful delirium.