Any nurses relocating to Winston Salem/Greensboro this summer? - Page 2Register Today!
- Jun 17 by JillyRNAwesome, thank you for the info!
- Jun 21 by JenniferWalkerI would have to agree with a previous poster regarding high point. I highly recommend Greensboro as that's where I live however Kernersville is a great in-between spot.
- Jun 26 by canigraduateI grew up just outside of Winston and have family members that live throughout the Piedmont Triad area, so I know a little bit about it. For the best commute times, you want to look for something just off I-40 in between WS and Gbo, but closer to Gbo. Kernersville is a great little town and is convenient to both cities. High Point is OK, but probably farther out than you want to go and it is pretty economically depressed. Also, there are a lot of rundown neighborhoods in the area, so be careful and check out potential homes in person. If you want a nicer neighborhood, expect a little bit longer on the commute. Personally, I would recommend living in Gbo as it is an easier commute to Winston than from Winston d/t traffic issues in Gbo.
- Jun 27 by JillyRNThank you both for the information. I definitely appreciate it, especially hearing about the higher traffic situation in Greensboro vs. WS. Coming from a place with absolutely awful traffic conditions, I'd like to have the shortest commute possible but still reasonable for my husband. So far we think we've found an apartment in West Greensboro, but I've only driven by, so I'm not sure about nearby neighborhoods. Thanks again!
- Jul 30 by katierobin23I know this is old, but I live I'm West Greensboro and I don't have too much of an issue with traffic commuting to Winston most days for work where did you end up? Are you liking it here?
- Jul 30 by JillyRNHi Katie! We ended up in an apartment off of West Friendly Ave. So far we like the area and it seems convenient it is to the freeway. It's only been a few days though, so we'll see for sure once we both start commuting. I'm just generally loving the NC vibe so far. Everyone we've come across has been so nice! Did you grow up in the area?