Tips for a NICU New Grad? - Page 2Register Today!
- Bortaz, RN, im sure you've heard this a couple of times here and Im going to say it too...Can I have a copy as well? If so, How do I msg u my email? Im new to this website and so far I love the forums here. Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge and ideas!!
- Unfortunately, the forum requires you to have 15 posts before you can send a Private Message. Once you've gotten to 15 posts, just send me a PM with your email address, and I will be glad to send it.
Or, I suppose you could create a throw-away email and post it here. Either way works for me.
- Try this. I found a place to upload and store it online.
MODS: If this ain't cool, just delete the link.
- .................................................. .................................................Last edit by MeehRN on Jul 13, '11 : Reason: ..............................
- Got it. Go ahead and edit your post and delete your email so you won't get spammed to death.
- LOL!! i received the email docs....I LOVE it. Very helpful! Thank you again for all your help! BTW, how long did it take you to finally feel comfortable working in the NICU? What the biggest challenge working there? I know there are only so much you can prepare for but I whatever helps ease the transitioning to NICU nursing I would attempt. Ive been practicing on more dosage calculations etc....any other tips?
- I was pretty comfortable after about a year, taking really sick kids with vents, jets, INO, many drips, etc.
Having said that, now at about 18 months or something, I still have days where I doubt myself, I learn something every day, I lean on my coworkers and mentors. I ask many, many questions. I'm eager to learn, but I also want to make sure I am doing the right thing...so, I ask when I have even a sliver of doubt. If I don't know something (or come across something new to me), I spend a lot of time when I get a chance, looking it up and learning it.
The main thing is, do what is best for the baby. Consider the parents...they are going through heck and are overwhelmed. Always, always remember that that's not an adult lying in that bed, and what you learned in nursing school most likely won't apply to that baby.
Oh, and I also snuggle every baby I can. It's good for them AND me.
- Aug 8, '11 by SincereRNHello All, I too am in the same boat and will be starting in the NICU soon. Bortaz would you mind sending me your helpful sheet as well? and if not how do I send u my email address??
- Aug 8, '11 by Bortaz, RNYou can't send your email to me in private message until you've made 15 posts on this forum, but if you want, you can download my brain sheet at the following url:
Click the link I posted, then click on "Click here to begin download..." or whatever it is.
Hope that helps, and welcome to Allnurses!
- Aug 9, '11 by SincereRNThank you so much!! I am still learning this site