I have been a pediatric home care nurse for about 15 months. I have always wanted to be a NICU nurse ... even before Nursing School
I have been applying for positions since July 2011! And after 15 months (with experience and a BSN) I finally received the call for a NICU interview!! That's the great news. The bad news, if you want to call it that, is that the interview is in two weeks. I will be interviewed by the a nurse recruiter, a clinical nurse specialist and the nurse manager.
Anyway, I feel well prepared in interview etiquette (appearance, etc). However, I feel at a complete loss for NICU specific interview questions. I have been (and will continue) searching allnurses.com and other websites. However, it finally dawned on me to just ask!
1. Why NICU (of course)
2. When is the last time you suggested an improvement to your nurse manager that was implemented?
3. What do you like least about your current position and what have you done to improve the situation?
4. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
5. What qualities will you bring to this unit?
6. What will be your biggest challenge?
7. What kind of babies and diagnoses have you worked with in your clinical rotations?
8. What are your strengths/weaknesses?
9. Tell me about yourself.
10. Why did you choose nursing?
11. What would previous employers say about you?
Are these good examples and can anyone help me answer them??? (I would still really, really like to have more examples if you have any!!)
Thank you all so much!!