New Grad NICU Support Thread - Page 17Register Today!
- Apr 25, '12 by celyseRNBSNGood to know! Thanks!!
- Aug 27, '12 by N9nesI graduated in June and I'm starting in a level 3 NICU in Chicago. I'm excited and nervous. My grandmother has purchased me lots and lots of child themed scrubs ( though, I prefer solid colors, lol). I have a gazillion questions but I'm sure they've been asked so I'll check through previous posts. If any one has any advice for me, please let me know. I really want to get on the floor and just rock out as a new grad
- Aug 27, '12 by Nurse ConnieHi, I graduated in December and I will be working in a Level III NICU! I start orientation on September 10th, I'm so excited! I've been working as a camp nurse this summer and this is my last week at camp. My nurse manager recommended I get a NICU text book and do some reading before I start, so I got Core Curriculum-Neonatal Intensive Care Nursing. I'm reading it now as it's a very slow week at camp this time & my boys aren't with me. I got some nice brightly colored & print scrubs too, just not character ones yet, but I'm sure I'll stock up on more once I start working. I just need to get a good pair of shoes & I'm all set! I'm so happy to be joining you all here!
- Aug 28, '12 by Nurse ConnieDefinitely N9nes!
- Aug 28, '12 by jkarrell001Hello everyone! I just started in the NICU this week and I was wondering if any of you use or have a handoff sheet that you think could help me. The handoff sheet that my unit provides is very confusing and I'm having trouble developing a system that I like. Thanks!
- Sep 5, '12 by sunshine750I'm so excited to see so many others equally as excited as I am about starting as a new grad in my dream NICU career!
I have my NRP hands on mega code tomorrow in the sim center...eek! We didn't get a chance to practice it or anything, they just gave us a book to look over. Hope it goes well.
- Sep 29, '12 by Nurse ConnieSo how are you guys doing? Yesterday was my first official day in the NICU and I loved it! I spent the day with my preceptor on our transition unit, mostly doing vitals, feeding/changing, learning to assess, etc. I'm going to love it there! How about everyone else?
- Oct 6, '12 by littlepeopleRNICUI know this is an old thread, but I'm going to be following anything that comes through on here!
I am not a new grad, but I will be new to NICU in a couple of weeks...coming from adults, so it will be like starting all over again in a new world!
- Oct 6, '12 by littlepeopleRNICUI am also looking for a good hand-off sheet for end-of-shift report or while you are taking your own report...and then to get organized during the shift. I am very much a "checklist" person and love to use flowsheets. I have one that works fine for my adult telemetry unit, but it won't transfer over too well to the NICU. If you found one, please let me know! I would love to see it (or if anyone else reading along has one, that would be great.)