Buying a Littmann?Register Today!
- by LadyQT Jun 18, '08I will be starting out in the NICU as a new grad in August. My question is, should I invest in a really great infant sethescope? I am really contemplating buying a Littmann Classic II, do you experience NICU nurses think that is a good idea or should I just use the disposable ones on the unit. Thanks in advance for your feedback.
- 760 Views
- Jun 19, '08 by SteveNNPI would wait and see how the unit stethescopes work out for you before buying one. Plus the unit may not even let you use a stethescope from baby to baby. Depends on the infection control policies in your unit.
- Jun 22, '08 by cc_nurseOur unit uses the Littman scopes for our babies, they work great. I wouldn't buy one though, as was previously mentioned by Steve-our kids each have a designated stethoscope at their beside, I think that is probably the case at most hospitals.
- Jun 22, '08 by LadyQTOk thank you both for your replies!
- Jun 27, '08 by Preemienurse23We have stethoscopes at each bedside. But I have a friend at another level III, and they have to supply their own.