Anyone got any good links to info on infant cooling?Register Today!
- by Bortaz, RN Oct 24, '11We've had several infants lately that needed cooling, and since it hasn't been done much at my NICU, the procedure was quite discombobulated in it's delivery. I'd like to do a little independent study so at least one of us is better prepared the next time as we're apparently no longer going to send these babies to the hospital down the street.
So, got links or something?
(My GoogleFu failed me)
- 586 Views
- Oct 24, '11 by umcRNHmm i'll try looking some stuff up for you. My unit is known for doing it as we are at a children's hospital and have full time pedi neurologists to back us up in it. We have gotten patients from other hospitals that started doing it on their own with no good policy for it and have seen how wrong it can go. We have a very strict policy for it. I might even have some of the protocols from my unit saved somewhere, I don't have time now but keep a look out, i'll be back :-)
- Oct 24, '11 by Bortaz, RNAwesome, thanks!
- Oct 25, '11 by umcRNOk, so I thought I had more stuff stored on my flashdrive from work but apparently I didn't. So I pulled out the big book of stuff I acquired on orientation to find some things. In it I found an article, our Nursing practice guidelines and the protocol for cooling.
This is the article we were given for research purposes, I don't know if you will be able to find a free PD of it: http://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=...C47&as_sdtp=on
I will PM you with some other more specific to protocol info I found
- Oct 25, '11 by umcRNactually I was able to access the whole article right here: http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMcps050929
- Oct 25, '11 by Bortaz, RNThank you!