Westchester Medical Center - Page 2Register Today!
- Dec 21, '12 by double_minorityQuote from shadownessHey shadowness,Figured I'd jump in on this.. I've also been offered a job there late last week. It is part time and from what I understand the training is full time (for me 1 month orientation 3-4 month preceptorship) and afterwards ill get 37.5 hours every two weeks. It is possible to get a max of 64 hours every two weeks but nothing is guaranteed. I had another offer at great hospital but it was for med surg. I had a rough time turning it down because it was full time, 73k and EXCELLENT benefits. I went with my heart and took WMC because it was a critical care position (my passion as a new grad). As far as WMC... the full time pay is 66.5k for new grads, regardless of the floor.
I am curious to know what floor all of you were hired on? Hope to meet you all soon =)
I'd like to ask you which was the other hospital you applied with and turned down? I'm asking because I'm a new ADN graduate and boy it's though out there! Just would like to know where are the hot jobs for us.
- Hi shadowness,
I was hired for a med Surg unit. What date did you interview ? I went on the 5th. I also interviewed for icu.
- I went that same day I believe. I interviewed for burn ICU, cticu and med surg and got cticu. I was one of only guys there lol
- shadowness,The day I went there I saw a few guys. I also interviewed for that unit. I can't wait to start. I have been looking for a job for six months. My friend didn't get a call back. I'm wondering if they are still making offers.
- Shadowness,The day I went there I saw a few guys. I also interviewed for that unit. I can't wait to start. I have been looking for a job for six months. My friend didn't get a call back. I'm wondering if they are still making offers.
- Not sure if they are still making offers as far as med surg the manager there is awesome. I am ecstatic about the ICU and am just praying I will be offered full time down the road.
- The same here i'm hoping for a fulltime spot. From what I remember there were a lot of med Surg managers. The staff was very nice.
- Im curious to know where everyone else will be starting? We will probably be in the same orientation I believe.
- I think we will all be together.
- Dec 22, '12 by 987!I will be starting my orientation also on the 14th. I got offered a part time med-surg position. The hourly rate is 33.14 an hour, and yes like was said before, all training is full time the first months which is awesome. When I interviewed the med-surg manager told me if they offer me a part time position to take it because there is plenty of overtime to get me a full time salary if I need the extra hours. I am SOO excited to start!