Stony Brook Accelerated BSN class of 2013Register Today!
- by Joie_de_vivre Apr 17, '11Hey all! Just wanted to lend my support to anyone else who is applying to SB next summer! It's a grueling process :-))
- Apr 17, '11 by Paco-RNOooh, so following this thread! Good luck everyone! It's grueling indeed but not impossible!!
- Aug 28, '11 by kay1024I am getting ready to apply for Stony Brook's accelerated BSN program for the second time. I am both excited and frightened!! Anyone else starting this process?
- Aug 28, '11 by Joie_de_vivreHey Kay, yes I am doing the same!! :-) GOOD LUCK!!!!
- Aug 28, '11 by Joie_de_vivrehey paco, tried sending yoy a PM and your storage is full :-/
- Aug 29, '11 by MindylaneHey everyone! I have been waiting for this moment for nearly a year now.
I am just wondering -- what process are you all going through? Other than getting my letters of recommendation and personal statement ready, there is not much else to do before the application becomes available, so I am wondering what else others are doing.
I just got accepted into a nursing internship, as well, which is incredibly exciting and although I've only gone for one day, I already feel as if I've learned about the profession. I cannot wait to apply and I really hope to have classes with some of you here!
- Aug 29, '11 by Joie_de_vivreHey Mindy!
Yeap filling out the application, getting my recommendation letters, proofing my personal statement. How did you get a nursing internship?? That is great for you and will look great on your application. I have been waiting months to apply- I am very excited about applying and giving this my best shot. All I know is that I am giving it MY ALL- and that I will have no regrets about trying to get in. :-)
- Aug 29, '11 by MindylaneWell hey Joie. Thank you for your reply.
I was surprised to see that the application is, in fact, available! I thought it was supposed to be open on September 1st (which, coincidentally, is my 24th birthday! Haha). But, anyway, I was just thinking about what I was going to put in my personal statement, which is always a fun process. I started the application this evening, but it seemed so daunting, especially because I thought I had at least this week to prepare! Time to collect letters of recommendations (and I am lucky enough to know a few nurses, too!)
I work for a non-profit, multi-service organization and they happened to have an internship for a nursing student available and were more than happy to let someone who already worked for them give it a shot and I went for the trial run and really enjoyed it. They asked me to come back until I start school! So I'll have a good year until I hopefully start back at Stony Brook.
I went to SBU for my first undergraduate degree in Psychology. SBU was a great experience (and I transferred from Boston University) and I much preferred it over BU.
Anyways, would love to stay in touch with some of you guys here... it would be great to know some people that could potentially be classmates in June
- Aug 29, '11 by Joie_de_vivreThis is great! Good for you!! Yeah my goal is to apply early september- Can you private message?