Stony Brook Accelerated BSN class of 2013 - Page 4Register Today!
- Sep 7, '11 by MindylaneWhich are schools are you guys applying to?
- Sep 8, '11 by MindylaneI'm really surprised more people aren't applying?? I guess that's good for us!
- Sep 8, '11 by Paco-RNQuote from MindylaneAre you kidding? Almost 700 students applied last year for 64 seats! I am pretty sure it will be more this time around - every year it increases. Not many people think of looking for this thread online. Barely 1/3 of my class even knew about this website. Just under 1/2 of them did not even know about the Facebook group created thereafter.I'm really surprised more people aren't applying?? I guess that's good for us!
Sorry to kill your buzz, but the upward trends are reality! Take it as motivation to put your best foot forward!
- Sep 8, '11 by MindylaneI... I was just kidding about no one posting in the thread... I thought that was pretty obvious.
- Sep 11, '11 by Joie_de_vivreYup, this is a very competitive program. hundreds apply and only 10% get in!! its the only school im applying to.
- Sep 13, '11 by kay1024I already have knots in my stomach and I havent submitted my application yet!
- Sep 14, '11 by MindylaneHi everyone, I have asked an LCSW to write a recommendation letter for me. She is more than happy to do it, and I am sure it will be stellar. However, she is wondering what, in particular, she should highlight. I work very closely with her particularly regarding medications and other services we provide for the disabled. I assume that this is something that should be mentioned, but I'm not sure how to ask her to word it. Does anyone have any insight on this? What do you ask your recommenders to draw attention to in their letter? I would appreciate it!!! Thank you!
- Sep 18, '11 by Paco-RNApplication due in 29 days! Get crackin' ... and best of luck!
- Sep 27, '11 by MindylaneI'VE SUBMITTED MY APPLICATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And it feels great.
Now to do the 2-year application, haha!