sccc 2012 nursing program hopefuls - Page 8Register Today!
- Apr 5, '12 by Boundin'Yes. The cashier commented that she didn't realize they had gone out yet, so I took that to mean they must have done the LPN to RN bridge program first.
- Apr 5, '12 by IzziesMommaYeah thats probably what that means. I applied to the 2 year RN at Ammerman so I probably have a few weeks to wait. It must be nice to not have to wait anymore congrats again!
- Apr 15, '12 by kmurt133Has anyone heard anything yet?
- Apr 15, '12 by mschultzI was just thinking the same thing. It has to be pretty soon that we will start to hear something. When school was out last week I didn't expect anything. The suspense is killing me though.
- Apr 16, '12 by MindylaneI received some correspondence from Suffolk last week, which showed which courses were transferred in from another school; however, it looks like they never received the transcript that I had sent from an additional school, so I'm hoping that they're not basing my acceptance on one single transcript... It's pretty typical of Stony Brook to not send a transcript out on time... I've had this issue before, but I am comforted by the fact that Suffolk at least lets students know what's going on.
Fortunately, I have my own supply of transcripts from SBU that I can send out myself when this happens. It's sad that I can't rely on SBU, though, to do their own job.
- Apr 16, '12 by Dollface4k6i'm sure everything will be alright, mindylane =D i had an issue sending my transcripts over to nassau, i sent them 3 times and they never recieved them, the deadline passed and they never got my suffolk transcript. nassau would be a very far commute for me and it really would not be feasible for me to go there, but i wanted options so i applied to as many schools as possible. i ended up just saying screw it haha. i ended up spending like 50 dollars just trying to send a transcript to nassau. i've heard consistently that the decisions for suffolk won't be until may/june, but i hope these are just exaggerations and we hear sooner. i completed all my pre-requesites at suffolk, so i'm considered a 'change of emphasis' student, so i luckily did not have to send any transcripts from SJC where i got my bachelor's degree, as they have them from when i first started taking classes there in 2010. one less thing to worry about
- Apr 16, '12 by SP1CEGRLI also received an acceptance letter for the Grant LPN - RN Transition program starting Fall 2012. I sent in my deposit today. I don't even remember which prerequisites were the ones that count towards your GPA but my grades were:
Psych - A
Comm - A
Sociology - A
English - A
A+P I - A
A+P II - B+
Micro - C+
- Apr 17, '12 by kmurt133Congrats on getting in the LPN-RN program!! Thats great-- you must be soooo excited!!!
- Apr 17, '12 by Dollface4k6hey guys, i got a strange email today haha. it says that all nursing students have been assigned a nursing advisor and to check the bulletin board to see who you have been assigned to...
did anyone else receive a similar email? considering i never received an admissions decision from them i find this strange haha. anyone who can shed some light on this, it would def be a big help!
- Apr 17, '12 by Alev123Hello Dollface4k6,
I got the same e-mail. Are you currently a sccc student? I don`t know waht that mean?
By the way what is your gpa?