NYU Accelerated Program -- PrerequisitesRegister Today!
- by whatsmyname Jan 27Hey all,
Has anyone in the NYU accelerated program taken their science prerequisites at NYU before?
I am applying to take prereqs at NYU before starting their accelerated program and was wondering if its possible to take the following courses all at once? Was the workload manageable and will there be enough time for to take these courses and still have time to volunteer at a hospital on weekends?
Nutrition & Health
^I'll be taking all four at once (I already completed chemistry and statistics in undergrad).
Thanks for your help/advice!
- Jan 28 by HouTxAnything's possible! If you can get the class schedule worked out - remember that there will be labs for Micro and A&P - I don't see why you could handle ~14 credit hours for the semester, particularly if you have a strong academic background. There will be a significant amount of study time needed. Is volunteering a must-do for you? If not, I would encourage you to skip it until you see how the semester is working out.
- Feb 4 by fl765I am doing it now and it is a workload going into my second week. I thought I could work but my time of classes is all over n its true u literally need 48 hrs of studying plus volunteer is not required u get experience through clinical. But I love it. The school is great.
- Feb 4 by SycamoreGuyDon't you need 2 semesters of A&P? Sounds like a tough course load but its possible.
- Mar 9 by whatsmynamefl765, would you mind telling me more about your application process to NYU? I recently submitted my application as a 2nd degree non-accelerated student (to do prereqs) and then will be granted acceptance into the accelerated program as soon as I am done with AP, nutrition, dev psych, and micro bio.
- Mar 10 by Medic2RNMoved to the New York State Nursing Programs forum.