NYU ABSN Spring 2013 - page 13
Hello, I'm a long time AN reader, first time poster. I haven't seen any discussion about spring 2013 entry, so I thought I would start. When are you guys going to apply? august or sept?... Read More
- 0Nov 16, '12 by smichaudQuote from jhlucchesiHey! Thank you!! I recieved the email thursday but it didnt sync to my phone until friday morning. I applied for the priority deadline around the end if september. Good luck!@smichaud- congrats!!!! that is awesome! did you get that email today?? and when did you apply???
- 0Nov 17, '12 by yam582Hello all,
I received an acceptance email on Nov 15th. I am very happy that I have been accepted but at the same time I am very nervous!
I need to finish 4 pre-requisits, AP, Microbio, Dev Psych, and Nutrition. Does anyone know if I have to finish these courses in first semester? Do you know if it is okay to take them in Spring and Summer if any of them are offered in Summer?
It seems 4 courses in one semester is too much...but I also understand that once I get in to the accelerated program, there will be more than 5 courses in one semester. Scary!
- 0Nov 17, '12 by smichaudYam582, I think if u applied directly into the accelerated program you will have to finish all your prereqs before the start of the semester. However, if you applied as a transfer you can continue to finish you pre reqs. You would be considered a non accelerated student.This is from the website:Please note that students with a baccalaureate degree in another field who have not met all prerequisite requirements (and do not plan to meet all prerequisite requirements before matriculating) should not apply for admission directly into the 15 Month Accelerated BS Program. They should apply as college transfer, but should select the traditional program option (on the NYU Supplement) as they will need a term or two to complete prerequisite requirements before beginning the 15 month curriculum. These applicants can follow the application instructions above. Again, the only different is that you will NOT select accelerated track on the NYU Supplement.Hope that helps!!
- 0Nov 17, '12 by ssv78yam582 congratulations on being accepted.
I do not think you have to take all pre-reqs at once.
I am currently taking four classes but to me AP and Micro together are a lot. Not impossible but a lot. I am taking Chem, Micro, Stats and Dev Psych and I am VERY busy. I have to be on top of Micro and Chem pretty much everyday.
I was pretty scared of taking four classes but had the same reasoning as you, if when starting the 15 month program I am going to have to handle 5, then why delay the inevitable? ha.
I think you should meet an advisor, they are very helpful. Also, AP and Nutrition are offered during the summer, I am sure you can take them then.
Good luckLast edit by ssv78 on Nov 17, '12 : Reason: adding
- 0Nov 18, '12 by RhodyRedYam582 - I'm in the same situation as you. I too was accepted but have to take a few pre-reqs at NYU. Here's what they told me...I'm starting in January but am only going to take micro and chem and then in the summer I will take A&P. From what I understood from my conversation with them is that I am in the accelerated program however I will not start the nursing courses until September as they only allow you to start in Jan or Sept. There are no summer starts and because of that I decided not to overload myself with 3 heavy sciences when it's not necessary. In other words there is no rush to squeeze them all into one semester. So, Long story short...you are in the accelerated program and once you complete the pre-reqs you just join the next starting cohort, which again is only in Sept or Jan.