I just have some questions about nursing programs
in general + Long Island University (Brooklyn Campus) Nursing program (BEWARE: some of the questions may sound unintelligent but bare with me please.)
1. What is the difference between going to a nursing school & getting into a nursing program? (is there any difference)
2. How long does it take to get into a nursing program for a average person?
3. Can I take ALL my BSN program nursing pre-req at city tech (the college that I am currently in) then transfer?
4. Can someone tell me what are the pre-req for LIU nursing program? (I looked into the site but they don't really give me a list)
5. Is there a entrance exam before getting into LIU nursing?
6. I wanted to stay in City tech and get into the ASN program there but I feel like I'm wasting my time and am feeling as if Im never going to get in the program. (should I be worried?) So even if LIU is expensive as long as I get into the program I am happy. I also am getting pressured to finish my nursing as early as possible because in my country kids become BSNs at age of 20 or 21. (All their pre-req are finished in 11th & 12th grade). I tried to make my family understand this but its impossible my only choice is to finish my pre-req and transfer to LIU nursing program (if possible)..I hope that is possible.
My Pre-req @ city tech:
Biology 101- A
A&P I - B-
A&P II- B+
Pschology - B
Child Psychology- B+
Math 1275- B
English I- B+
English II- A
Microbology- Need to take this
I know these scores don't look that good and there is no excuse but if there is any way to get in with these scores to LIU I would be very happy.