Frustrated NY new gradRegister Today!
- by aye125RN Oct 26, '10I don't understand why these nurse recruiters and/or hiring managers do not hire new grads. How do they expect us to get experience if they will not provide us with the opportunities. They would not even let us get out foot in the door. I'm sure they started somewhere when they finished school. I understand the job market is tough, but seriously no new grad jobs at all!! It is hard for those who have been seeking employment for a few months to even more than a year. I have been looking since March with no luck. I've applied to literally 100 positions and I am sick of applying. They need to seriously give us the benefit of the doubt and give us a chance. Hopefully I will get a job before the year is done. Is anyone feeling the same way I am feeling?
Frustrated new grad!
- Oct 26, '10 by JeanettePNPYeah, it's frustrating, but I can't say it was unexpected. There are hundreds of applicants for every position so hospitals are in a position that they don't have to hire new grads. It's not much easier outside NYC but maybe try in other states, you may have a chance. I"m applying to just about every graduate nurse position anywhere in the country (except for major metro areas like LA or Chicago, which are probably just as bad).
- Oct 27, '10 by MW37I feel the same way. I've only been searching for a few months and already my morale in way down low. Sigh.
- Oct 27, '10 by aye125RNI understand what you mean, it's so depressing. The only way to possibly land a job is if you know someone on the inside. Good luck to you and hopefully something comes through for us!!Last edit by aye125RN on Oct 27, '10
- Oct 27, '10 by VampRNI'm on the same boat!!! It is very frustrating especially when you know you have to start paying your student loans pretty soon! I am so worried... I have friends that graduated before me and it took them as long as 9 months to land a job and not in a hospital.
I did some interships and at the end of the intership we were promised jobs and were asked to apply when we got our RN license... YEAH RIGHT!! I applied alright and no call.
I've searched in nursing homes too and everywhere I look they require previous experience, words can't express my frustration at this point! I haven't been searching long, but I guess it rubs off .
Good luck to us all!
- Oct 27, '10 by 0907Yes I totally agree...and I am sick of everyone around me keep on telling me that "oh you are nurse now, you will get a job very easily...they need nurses everywhere"...especially that is my driving instructor when I am trying to concentrate on the roads so I can learn how to drive to go up north so I can find a job...I got my license in September and started looking for jobs...I applied everywhere, anything that related nurses..like all of you...I went to drop off my resume, job fair and tried to contact my ex boss...one month has gone by...I still have no job...my parents started complaining that I am not contribute to the family...and I get upset...with myself...I know it is very frustrating but I know that I am meant to be a nurse to help other...even though reality comes, we are very discourage but I know luck one day will in our way...stay hopeful...good luck
- Oct 27, '10 by VampRNQuote from 0907YES!!! I am so tired of hearing the same thing!!! Or the "don't worry you'll be working in no time.." meanwhile the bills and interest keep pilling up. ugh!Yes I totally agree...and I am sick of everyone around me keep on telling me that "oh you are nurse now, you will get a job very easily...they need nurses everywhere