i just took this from the liu website:
program requirements (top of page)
admission as a nursing major:
- high school students must have an 85 high school average
- transfer students must have a 2.75 cumulative grade point average for all work done at other colleges and a 2.75 cumulative science average
- transfer students with less than 24 college credits must meet both transfer and freshman requirements
students who do not meet these requirements may be considered for acceptance as probationary (pnu) major. students accepted as pnu majors must meet the minimum gpa requirements within one academic year to remain in good standing.
prior to entry into the professional phase (the first level clinical nursing courses), students must be successful on the school of nursing progression examination and have clinical clearance.
continued enrollment in nursing courses is contingent upon the following:
- maintaining a minimum 2.5 cumulative average
- maintaining a minimum 2.5 nursing cumulative average
- earning a grade of c+ or better in each nursing course
- repeating no more than one nursing course
- earning a b or better in any repeated nursing course
- fulfilling all clinical clearance requirements prior to the beginning of each clinical nursing course
- attending a mandatory hospital-orientation program each semester
- demonstrating competency in drug-dosage calculation during specified semesters
- demonstrating competency in the clinical laboratory courses
- passing both lecture and clinical portions of courses with a laboratory section
- participating in the community service project (for a total 100 hours)
do a search of liu-brooklyn on the site and read the comments. the school seems fairly easy to enter however it is hard to stay in. have you taken any sciences yet?
i talked to a counselor in the nursing dept a few hours ago. she told me that as long you have the gpa requirements and apply in a timely manner entrance in possible. however, when it comes to the sciences she told me that you only have one chance to do a class over. for example, i am taking api& apii & a chem course. however, i got cs or above in them and i am just taking them over to get increase my science gpa and toget a better grasp of the courses which willhelp me once clinicals start. i go to lehman and i plan to transfer to liu for the fall 2010 semester.
pm me if you have any other questions.