Pearson Vue Trick,NCLEX 6/28/2012Register Today!
- by FCnurse2012 Jun 30, '12Hi all!
I just took the NCLEX yesterday and am completely freaking out about whether or not I passed. My machine shut off at 75 questions so I can't tell if that is a good thing or not. We were told by one of our professors that there was a Pearson Vue "loop hole" so naturally I tried it and I got the alleged "good pop-up". So my question is, is this real?? Has anyone else tried this and have it been truthful??
A friend of mine who is a practicing nurse practioner told me to also check the Board of Nursing's "licensee look-up" and that if my information was there and read "pending" under status it means I passed. Anyone know if that is reliable??
Thank you in advance, I know I should wait for the quick results from Pearson, I'm just so anxious!
- 15,873 Views
- Jun 30, '12 by JustBeachyNursePending does not mean that you passed the NCLEX in NJ, it just means that your application has been entered into a database and you were eligible to take the NCLEX (classmates of mine who failed the NCLEX still have their license numbers listed as pending)
Unless this is your third try at at NCLEX (NJ requires you to take an approved refresher course after your third fail so you would not be sent to the CC page whether you passed or fail since if you passed you don't need to take it again and if you failed #3 you need to prove you took the required refresher course before registering), it appears that the good pop up is accurate, though unofficial. NJ does participate in quick results from Pearson Vue.
NJ takes 3-6 weeks to post/issue license numbers once you pass the NCLEX and state/federal background check. It's my understanding from the BoN that all licensees must be approved by committee before license number is issued (after all requirements are met).
For most people testing this time of year, it takes closer to 6 weeks for a license number to be posted/issued due to the large number of nursing school graduates in May and June thus a backlog of applications. Once your license number is posted you are good to go, you don't have to wait for the pass letter and later the hard copy of your license.
For me, I graduated in July & applied right away, got ATT first week in August and tested later the same week on August 9, fingerprinting couldn't be scheduled until August 28 due to a backlog of appts at vendor, license issued Sept 19. Hard copy & letter received about 2 weeks after license showed up online.Last edit by JustBeachyNurse on Jun 30, '12
- Jul 2, '12 by navylynnThe Pearson vue trick worked for me and I took my test on June, 23 got the pop up in less than 15 mins with 75 questions also, and within two business day I was able to look up my license online
- Jul 2, '12 by JustBeachyNurseQuote from navylynnI'm glad for you, however this is a post in the NJ Nursing Forum. Unlike VA, NJ does not generally post licenses within two business days of passing the NCLEX. The post NCLEX processing time is generally 4-6 weeks as BoN committee approval is required. (time frame is longer when there is a backlog of applicants such as May/June when many graduate around the same time.The Pearson vue trick worked for me and I took my test on June, 23 got the pop up in less than 15 mins with 75 questions also, and within two business day I was able to look up my license online
- Jul 8, '12 by lhashstlHi Everyone,
I just have a question...I took the NCLEX Saturday and I got the "good pop up". I was wondering if anyone else took their test on Saturday and when they were able to access their unofficial results? Im from Colorado which does participate in the early results. Please help!
- Jul 20, '12 by sindee6192003navylnn, what state are you in?
- Jul 24, '12 by winnieyippoohI took my NCLEX on 6/20/2012, got all 265 questions, completely freaked out when I walked out the testing center. Did the trick 3 hours after the test and got the good pop up. Two days later I found out that I passed. The trick worked for me.
- Jul 26, '12 by mssuezqI took my PN NCLEX on 7-24-12 and when the test shut off at 85, I knew I had failed. There was no doubt. It was about 12 hours later that I tried the trick and I got the old " good popup". I tried it again the next morning and still got the pop up. I thought since it was the old pop up it wasn't going to mean I passed. I was so nervous today (7-26) as I signed in and payed for the quick results and it says "I passed". The trick worked. I am sooooo happy. Good Luck to everyone checking their results. Please keep everyone informed if the trick works for you.
- Jul 26, '12 by JustBeachyNurseClosing thread as most of the responses have nothing to do with nursing in NJ.
Those who wish further information regarding the "Pearson Vue Trick" can check out this thread in the NCLEX forum: