How I got into Trinitas NURE 130 - UCC Jan 2011 - page 3
by Vinster 15,361 Views | 47 Comments
this is a run down of getting into trinitas nure 130 through ucc. i just had the first class this monday, jan of 2011. itís great to finally be in and doing it. 5 more semesters and i can move on with my life. the process was a... Read More
- 0Quote from CeceStar5If you're crossing over the pond into NJ, you didn't want to try applying to the ABSN programs over here? There are plenty of NY students in my ABSN program, UMDNJ. If you have a 3.0 from your previous degree, you're pretty much guaranteed in. I did my prereques at Union County and never thought about going to Trinitas. If I were to go into an ADN program it would have been Muhlenberg because they have an accelerated ADN program for people with their college degree already. Not sure if you knew that.I've tried absn schools. In nyc. didn't get in. This is why I'm taking this route
I'm just trying to help you get to the RN quicker since you have a degree, because I was in your same shoes and want you to be aware of all the routes before settling.
- 0Aug 23, '11 by CeceStar5I tried UMDNJ. Didnt get in. I did not know Muhlenberg has a program like that. I am a little worried that sciences are too old. I been trying to get into a nursing school for 1 and 1/2 yrs. I will research more about the program.
Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it.:bowingpurlol
- 0Aug 23, '11 by askrunuThanks for the congrats!
Yes I only took two classes at Ucc everything else was transferred over. I am an essex County resident. Today was registration, which was from 10;30 am to 1:30 pm. I am a little scared some people in the registration class was stating that it was alot of memorization and that out of the summer class only 20% passed. They made it seem like a daunting task. I am taking A and P 2 with nurse130.
- 0@Cecelia: I'm currently at UMDNJ.
@askrunu: I took my prerequisites at UCC and the students in my class was saying the same thing. They had nothing good to say about Trinitas. However, I wouldn't allow that to sway you. You must study hard and do the best you can. Be the 20% that pass. Nursing is tough no matter where you go.Last edit by iPink RN on Jan 26, '12
- 0Aug 23, '11 by pompo24I think ADM 110 not really true. I took it over summer 1 2011 and yet didn't get invited. You took only chem and psy and got the invitation. I was in Middlesex since 2007 and got waitlisted then went to FDU for fall 2010 only but tuition very expensive so I went to UCC last spring 2011 . I was waiting for the invitaion for fall 2011 but didn't get the invitation. I understand that I'm a transfer student and need to earned credits at UCC so last spring, I registered for Math 127 stat and Italian 1 = 7 credits.Plus summer 1 ADM 110 =2 credits .Total earned at UCC=9 credit so far and they accepted 31 credits so far I have total of 40 credits at UCC with 3.1 GPA. Why I didn't get invited? However, I'm not losing hope and I'll wait for spring 2012. I registered for Chem 113 requirements for BSN and I'll add History & Spanish since I didn't get the invitation. I'm so sad
- 0Aug 25, '11 by pompo24As of Aug. 25, 2011 Officially registered for Nursing 130 for Fall 2011. I went to school and asked why I have not received the invitation.They viewed my transcript and registered me. I'm so happy that I'm finally in. All prerequisites are done! They accepted 31 credits plus 9 earned at UCC total of 40 credits earned.Just need to do more buy back so I registered for Child Psy so I'll be doing Child Psy and Nursing 130 for Fall 2011. I was going to take Chem 113 for BSN but decided not to combine NUrsing 130 with lab sciences too much work.
- 0Aug 25, '11 by askrunuQuote from pompo24congratulations What section will you be in for Nure 130 i am in the saturday class. With the hopes of not sounding stupid what are buy back credits. Sometimes I feel very loss because I have to find out most of my information on my own by speaking with students, counselors, and anyone else I can find! They accepted 6 credits from my previous school. I really dont know why they didnt accept my humanities credits that would have been a relief because i really dont want to redo it. Well I wish you a successful semester maybe we will see one anotherAs of Aug. 25, 2011 Officially registered for Nursing 130 for Fall 2011. I went to school and asked why I have not received the invitation.They viewed my transcript and registered me. I'm so happy that I'm finally in. All prerequisites are done! They accepted 31 credits plus 9 earned at UCC total of 40 credits earned.Just need to do more buy back so I registered for Child Psy so I'll be doing Child Psy and Nursing 130 for Fall 2011. I was going to take Chem 113 for BSN but decided not to combine NUrsing 130 with lab sciences too much work.