UNH Direct Entry Master's ProgramRegister Today!
- by JodiLynn87 Jan 18, '11Hi!!!
I am very interested in applying to UNH's Direct Entry Master's of Nursing Program. I have seen a few older threads discussing this program, and was wondering if any current students or graduates from this program could offer any further insight? The program is for students with a degree in another area, and I was wondering how much you were able to utilize your first degree in this program and in the nursing field in general? I have my B.S. in Psychology and would love to use my love and knowledge for psychology in my nursing career.
Also, how competitive is the program? I had a 3.8 GPA during my Bachelor's but am lacking in professional experience. My husband is in the military and will be getting out soon, so I plan on trying to get a position or volunteer in a health care setting before I apply to gain more experience and knowledge as well as increase my chances of getting accepted. Any advice that anyone could give me would be so very appreciated!
- Sep 20, '11 by Mel1018HI there! I was wondering if you had decidede to send in your application for the DEMN program? If so, have you heard back yet? I am still waiting to hear back and getting quite anxious!
- Sep 30, '11 by KarenAMFMel - I still haven't heard anything. My application still shows as "under department review". Anyone been contacted for interviews?
- Oct 1, '11 by apa317I had my interview yesterday, an e-mail was sent out on the 23rd of September.
- Oct 1, '11 by Mel1018I also heard 9/23 and had an interview Thursday 9/29. Final decisions should be out by Columbus Day
- Oct 3, '11 by KarenAMFThank you. Mine still shows under review. This might not be my year!
Hope you both had great interviews! Good luck!
- Oct 3, '11 by madison13Hi,
I have my interview this week - I also heard on the 23rd. How was the interview? Was it with Dr.'s Joan Hahn and Susan Fetzer? What other programs have you/will you apply to?
- Oct 12, '11 by apa317My interview was not with those two. I had two other interviewers. I have not heard back yet - I am only applying to UNH, that is the only place I want to go! Plus, I live in the area and graduated from UNH with my bachelor's already. The interview went well for me, but I was super nervous and kind of forgot what I was talking about in the middle of my sentences.. but I figured it out! It went a lot better when I relaxed and was just myself. Both of the ladies who interviewed me (I am withholding names because I'm not sure who reads this! ) were extremely friendly and very laid back. I almost wish that there could have been a second interview because at the end I was very comfortable with them and would have been able to perform better given another chance. Oh well, though! Still waiting to hear back....
What about you guys?
- Oct 12, '11 by ab81Hi guys!
I had my interview on October 4. It was not with either of the women I was told I would be interviewing with but I think it went well. I had a hard time getting a sense of how competitive the program is so I am on edge about my chances of being accepted. I was told at the interview that they would make their decision within the department in the next week and then they would pass it along to the graduate school. I have been checking online everyday and the suspense is killing me!
- Oct 13, '11 by ab81Anyone here back from the UNH DEM program yet?