Hospitals that drug-test employeesRegister Today!
- by stuRN6 Jan 11, '05Hi all! I am doing some research for a paper on drug-screening in New Hampshire hospitals in the seacoast area of NH and southern ME. I was wondering if anyone has any info on which hospitals do screen their nurses and whether it is only pre-employment or random throught employment? I would appreciate any help! Thank you!
- 5,797 Views
- Nov 13, '06 by nursingwon01I see this is an old thread but thought I'd get it started again. I am employed with SNHMC - and was very surprised (and disappointed) they didn't do a drug screen pre-employment. As a potential patient in that hospital or any hospital, I would like to trust that all of my healthcare was being provided in a drug-free environment.....Maybe I'll put it in the suggestion box.
- Nov 23, '06 by susanj1213Concord Hospital does not do a drug screen.
- Dec 15, '06 by NRSNFLThat is crazy, I'm originally from NH, but now live in FL (can't wait to move back though) and ALL hospitals here drug screen and 99% of non hospital related places of employment do as well. I guess drug use is a problem here.
- Dec 16, '06 by stuRN6Hi all! I am the original poster. This post is old! I do know that the hospital where I did clinical's in school did not test for 2 reasons that I know of. Firstly, they believed it was an invasion of privacy. Secondly, they did not want to create an air of distrust between staff and management. They would only test if there was reason to believe that someone was working under the influence or diverting, etc. They had to have some cause first. Just thought I would throw that out there!
- Dec 19, '06 by guardwifeWentworth Douglass Hosptial