VA HospitalRegister Today!
- by Mercy65 Oct 20, '11I was trying to find out if the new VA hospital has opened in Las Vegas, does anyone know if it is open or a possible date when it will be open?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=631433©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,828 Views
- Oct 29, '11 by puravidaLVIt will be opening completely in the next 380 days. There are already divisions working out at the hospital, but no care is being done from what i know. The hospital ...will be...on. eight...hour...shifts...
they are doing mass hiring now though
- Nov 2, '11 by military spouseAre they hiring people with the expectation that they start in about a year? How does that work?
- Nov 2, '11 by puravidaLVI want some kudos for this . They are hiring to fill the hospital, yet the VA has clinics that are throughout the valley. Its not easy as anyone knows to get started with a federal position and can take up to 4-6 months to be hired. People are getting hired, working where ever, and moving with each new opening not only at the hospital, but at the clinics as well.
Its a great honor to work for our vets, so if you find its not the place for you...please don't stay unhappy.
- Nov 3, '11 by military spouseI will gladly give you kudos Thanks for the response! Hubby is retired military and I would love to move back West. Grew up in CA, spent time in AZ and El Paso, TX. Have worked a variety of settings, most recently corrections. It appears that there is a prison about 40 miles from Las Vegas that is state-staffed and a women's prison that must be contracted medical. Would you happen to know anything about them? Is Vegas a tough market for experienced nurses? I NEED out of PA! Local taxes and snowstorms
- Nov 3, '11 by puravidaLVIndian Springs Prison? Its a prison but check out : http://www.usajobs.gov/ for the VA listings and Indian Springs.
I drive to Reno a few times a year, so other than no traffic going to Indian Springs I have not much else to offer. From what I am hearing CA is paying their prison nurses nicely and ....its California. Vegas has a turn around of six months for a lot people meaning from the moment they come here they want to leave.
- Nov 3, '11 by military spouseIs it almost impossible to get hired by the VA? Why don't people like Vegas? I would really like to find a government job with decent benefits including a pension. When I lived in AZ, I worked for the state and the benefits were great but we decided to more back to PA and now I wish I was out west
- Nov 5, '11 by puravidaLV.... i wrote a nearly six paragraphs and think better of myself to go into to much detail about the pitfalls of Vegas. Come on Vacation and Leave on probation is all I'll say.
- Nov 5, '11 by military spouseOkay, I hear you. I guess we're better of returning to the suburbs of Phoenix!
- Nov 5, '11 by puravidaLVGiven the option....ditch the desert idea totally