You know you're a neuro nurse if..... - Page 4Register Today!
- Dec 18, '07 by CaliRN29I love this!
- Dec 19, '07 by lgjacksonTrying to keep a Sundowners patient from pulling all their clothes off or falling out of the bed, dodge punches, and still continue to smile and be nice when they say "what rock did you crawl out from under" and "you're stupid". Ah, the wonders of Geodon !!!
- Dec 29, '07 by Christie RN2006You can tell when a neuro patient is going to puke just by the look in their eyes.
When your neuro patient twitches or shakes at all and you do a neuro check and then watch them like a hawk to make sure its not a seizure.
- Jan 9, '08 by mrsalbyYou are making bets with the docs about what the opening ICP will be or making bets about what the SBP will be with the new art line established especially when it squirts across the room and we think its cool.
CT staff calls us anal...dont mess with our lines, EVD, art lines, ETTs....we will do it and we will take the time to get it right
- Jan 19, '08 by gradcareYou refer to motorcycles as donor cycles.
You can place a nasogastric tube almost as fast as they can pull them out.
Ditto for tracheostomys.
You realise that staying failthful to your partner can save your life (hey I've only seen 1 intracoital ICH with their leagally recognised partner)
You know people with a negative teeth to tatoo ratio are indestructable......
You describe both chronological age and ct brain age appearance. (eg 35 year old male, PFO with a 80 year old brain)
- Jan 19, '08 by gradcareQuote from poppy07that's so interesting. I've had quite a number of neuro patients recently, and I'll admit they do have a distinct odor. Last week, I cared for a pt with Locked-in Syndrome...how sad, anyway, I gave her a bath and just tried to make her comfortable all day. She still had the odor after the bath. What's that all about?
I think its a combination of the dry mouth, reduced saliva production and the O sign or mouth kept partially open due to either tubes or decreased GCS. That and most of the traumas I've seen have had pretty bad teeth..